* space between last bodytext line and blackrule
@ 2007-11-14 10:36 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-11-14 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

in a layout with footnotes at the bottom of the page it happens
sometime that the last bodytext line is moved to a new page although
it *looks* as there would be enough space between the last bodytext
line and the footnote's "blackrule".
When printing the page and using the ruler you may find out that only
0.5mm is missing ...

I know that there is a way to control the space between the blackrule
and the first footnote's line:
\def\MyRule
    {\blackrule[width=3cm,height=1mm]
     \vskip.5cm}% here this space is 0.5cm

But how do I control the space between the *last bodytext line* and
the blackrule??

Steffen

* Re: space between last bodytext line and blackrule
@ 2007-11-14 14:29 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-11-14 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/11/14, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de>:
> Hi,
>
> in a layout with footnotes at the bottom of the page it happens
> sometime that the last bodytext line is moved to a new page although
> it *looks* as there would be enough space between the last bodytext
> line and the footnote's "blackrule".
> When printing the page and using the ruler you may find out that only
> 0.5mm is missing ...
>
> I know that there is a way to control the space between the blackrule
> and the first footnote's line:
> \def\MyRule
>     {\blackrule[width=3cm,height=1mm]
>      \vskip.5cm}% here this space is 0.5cm

This is a valid hack but not a perfect solution, a parameter called "inbetween"
for \setupnote would be the perfect option to control this.

> But how do I control the space between the *last bodytext line* and
> the blackrule??

You can change the space before the footnotes with
\setupnote[footnote][before=...]
or its short form \setupfootnotes[before=...]. A empty value for
before removes all
whitespace between the text and the footnote but a small space between both
lcks a little bit better to me.

The answer to this question was "look into the source", core-not.tex
is your friend.

Wolfgang