* chapter without number but in table of contents
@ 2007-12-15 15:26 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-12-15 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I know that this must be an faq and I seem to have lost my context
knowledge:

I'd like to get an unnumbered chapter, but it should appear in the
table of contents. This is what I've tried so far:

--------------
\completecontent
    [alternative=c]

\definehead[mychapter][chapter]
\setuphead [mychapter][number=no]

\mychapter [sec:somechapter]{Some Chapter Without A Number}
\input tufte
----------------

The chapter heading looks fine, but the entry is missing from the
table of contents. Any idea?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: chapter without number but in table of contents
@ 2007-12-15 15:48 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-15 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/15, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this must be an faq and I seem to have lost my context
> knowledge:
>
> I'd like to get an unnumbered chapter, but it should appear in the
> table of contents. This is what I've tried so far:
>
> --------------
> \completecontent
>     [alternative=c]
>
> \definehead[mychapter][chapter]
> \setuphead [mychapter][number=no]

add incrementnumber=list to \setuphead

Wolfgang

@ 2007-12-15 16:33   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-12-15 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Wolfgang,

>> I know that this must be an faq and I seem to have lost my context
>> knowledge:
>>
>> I'd like to get an unnumbered chapter, but it should appear in the
>> table of contents. This is what I've tried so far:
>>
>> --------------
>> \completecontent
>>     [alternative=c]
>>
>> \definehead[mychapter][chapter]
>> \setuphead [mychapter][number=no]
>
> add incrementnumber=list to \setuphead

This doesn't seem to work:

\starttext

\completecontent
    [alternative=c]

\chapter{chapter1}
\chapter{chapter2}
\chapter{chapter3}

\definehead[mychapter][chapter]
\setuphead [mychapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]

\mychapter{chapter4}

\stoptext

I'd like to have an (unnumbered) entry for 'chapter4' in the table of
contents.

Did I misunderstand your suggestion perhaps?

My version is:
ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.12 15:56 MKII  fmt: 2007.10.10  int: english/english

Patrick

--

@ 2007-12-15 17:58     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-12-15 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-12-15 um 17:33 schrieb Patrick Gundlach:

> \starttext
>
> \completecontent
>     [alternative=c]
>
> \chapter{chapter1}
> \chapter{chapter2}
> \chapter{chapter3}
>
> \definehead[mychapter][chapter]
> \setuphead [mychapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]
>
> \mychapter{chapter4}
>
> \stoptext
>
> I'd like to have an (unnumbered) entry for 'chapter4' in the table of
> contents.

I'd setup my own combinedlist on mychapter.

 From my last project:

\setuphead[Titel][style={\hw\tfa}, page=yes, number=no, textcommand=
\TitelFrame]
\setuphead[TitelNoToc][style={\hw\tfa}, page=yes, number=no,
textcommand=\TitelFrame]
\setuphead[TitelNoPage][style={\hw\tfa}, page=no, number=no,
textcommand=\TitelFrame]
\setuphead[TitelKlein][style={\hw\tfb}, page=no, number=no,
textcommand=\TitelFrameKlein]

% define combined table of contents
\definecombinedlist	[inhalt]
			[Titel, TitelKlein, TitelNoPage]
			[level=Titel, placehead=yes, criterium=all,
			alternative=b,
			offset=none]
\setupcombinedlist  [inhalt] [partnumber=no]

\placeinhalt

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: chapter without number but in table of contents
@ 2007-12-17 12:55     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-17 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/15, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch>:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> >> I know that this must be an faq and I seem to have lost my context
> >> knowledge:
> >>
> >> I'd like to get an unnumbered chapter, but it should appear in the
> >> table of contents. This is what I've tried so far:
> >>
> >> --------------
> >> \completecontent
> >>     [alternative=c]
> >>
> >> \definehead[mychapter][chapter]
> >> \setuphead [mychapter][number=no]
> >
> > add incrementnumber=list to \setuphead
>
> This doesn't seem to work:

> \starttext
>
> \completecontent
>     [alternative=c]
>
> \chapter{chapter1}
> \chapter{chapter2}
> \chapter{chapter3}
>
> \definehead[mychapter][chapter]
> \setuphead [mychapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]
>
> \mychapter{chapter4}
>
> \stoptext
>
> I'd like to have an (unnumbered) entry for 'chapter4' in the table of
> contents.
>

> Did I misunderstand your suggestion perhaps?
>
> My version is:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.12 15:56 MKII  fmt: 2007.10.10  int: english/english
>
> Patrick

You should take a look into core sec and you will see you need
also the coupling key, the following setup did work.

\definehead[mychapter][chapter]
\setuphead [mychapter][coupling=chapter,incrementnumber=list]

\starttext

\completecontent

\chapter{Chapter 1}
\mychapter{Chapter 2}