* exploring register options
@ 2008-01-29 20:53 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2008-01-29 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt ML

Can someone tell me, if the following options of \setupregister are
supposed to have some effect (I couldn't see any):

style (pagestyle and textstyle work)
command (pagecommand and textcommand work)
location
(Just fixed the texshow description.)

I didn't check those (also undocumented):

expansion
maxwidth
unknownreference

I wonder who needs alternative b or B: the indicator (index letter)
just in front of the first word without any distance is just ugly IMO
and decreases readability.
Other styles (alternatives) would probably make more sense, like
right-aligned (flushleft) page numbers - how can I do that?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: exploring register options
@ 2008-02-13 15:20 ` Bart Wise
From: Bart Wise @ 2008-02-13 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hraban,

I'm relatively new to ConTeXt, but I did stumble on a way to get right-aligned
page numbers.

\def\MyIndexTextCmd#1{#1\hfill}
\setupregister[index][textcommand=\MyIndexTextCmd]

Bart

@ 2008-02-13 21:19   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2008-02-13 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2008-02-13 um 16:20 schrieb Bart Wise:

> I'm relatively new to ConTeXt, but I did stumble on a way to get
> right-aligned
> page numbers.
>
> \def\MyIndexTextCmd#1{#1\hfill}
> \setupregister[index][textcommand=\MyIndexTextCmd]

Arrgh! I tried only {\hfill #1}...
Thank you very much!

But otherwise I'm a bit disappointed to get no answer to my other
questions (I only wanted to complete the information on texshow/wiki):

@ 2008-02-14 12:08     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-02-14 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net> wrote:
> Am 2008-02-13 um 16:20 schrieb Bart Wise:
>

>  > I'm relatively new to ConTeXt, but I did stumble on a way to get
>  > right-aligned
>  > page numbers.
>  >
>  > \def\MyIndexTextCmd#1{#1\hfill}
>  > \setupregister[index][textcommand=\MyIndexTextCmd]
>
>  Arrgh! I tried only {\hfill #1}...
>  Thank you very much!
>
>  But otherwise I'm a bit disappointed to get no answer to my other
>  questions (I only wanted to complete the information on texshow/wiki):
>

>  > On Tuesday January 29 2008, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>  >> Can someone tell me, if the following options of \setupregister are
>  >> supposed to have some effect (I couldn't see any):
>  >>
>  >> style (pagestyle and textstyle work)
>  >> command (pagecommand and textcommand work)
>  >> location
>  >> (Just fixed the texshow description.)
>  >>
>  >> I didn't check those (also undocumented):
>  >>
>  >> expansion
>  >> maxwidth

Set the maximum length for the text of the index entry in the
registerlist, the command use \limitatetext to do this

>  >> unknownreference

insert a horizontal space before and after the reference in the text
if you use interactive mode to move from one entry in the text to
next or previous one and there is no previous or next reference.

Not sure about this, not tested and only guessed from the source.

>  >> I wonder who needs alternative b or B: the indicator (index letter)
>  >> just in front of the first word without any distance is just ugly IMO
>  >> and decreases readability.

Customers?

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
>  Hraban