* avoid resetting of partnumber in appendix
@ 2008-05-11 15:41 Suno Ano
From: Suno Ano @ 2008-05-11 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

How can I avoid that resetting of the partnumber within the appendices?
For example, I have

,----[ Example ]
| \starttext
| \part{My First Part within Text}
| \part{My Second  Part within Text}
|
| \startappendices
| \part{My First Part within the Appendix}
|
| \stopappendices
| \stoptext
`----

Since I used `resetnumber=no' with `\setuphead[part][...]' \part{My
First Part within Text} becomes part 1 and \part{My Second Part within
Text} becomes part 2 in the table of contents ... just what I want.

Now, I would like to become \part{My First Part within the Appendix}
part 3 in the Table of Contents instead of being reset to number 1
again. How do I do this?

* Re: avoid resetting of partnumber in appendix
@ 2008-05-13  6:59 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-13  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Suno Ano <suno.ano@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How can I avoid that resetting of the partnumber within the appendices?
> For example, I have
>
> ,----[ Example ]
> | \starttext
> | \part{My First Part within Text}
> | \part{My Second  Part within Text}
> |
> | \startappendices
> | \part{My First Part within the Appendix}
> |
> | \stopappendices
> | \stoptext
> `----
>

> Since I used `resetnumber=no' with `\setuphead[part][...]' \part{My
> First Part within Text} becomes part 1 and \part{My Second Part within
> Text} becomes part 2 in the table of contents ... just what I want.
>

> Now, I would like to become \part{My First Part within the Appendix}
> part 3 in the Table of Contents instead of being reset to number 1
> again. How do I do this?

This is not possible, part numbers are reset with each new sectionblock
and the behaviour is hard coded.

Wolfgang