* Removing inbreakable whitespace at pagebreaks
@ 2008-05-14  6:35 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-14  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to take care in my letter module to keep at least the last sentence
in the text the signature together on the same page, this did work but
I introduced another problem.

To get no linebreak between my two sections I used a nonbreakable
whitespace between both but my implementation has the side effect
to keep the whitespace also if there is no signature after the text even
if it the last vertical skip before the page break.

You can see in the following example what I mean.

\setuplayout[lines=10]\showgrid
\starttext
\blank[force,9*line]
text
\par\nobreak\blank[line]
\stoptext

The last line of text is moved to the second although it would fit on the
first page, I could use twopassdata in my module to get the information
if the \nobreak is needed on this place but I hope there is also a solution
to remove the skip in the first run, maybe for MkIV only.

I looked yesterday in the sources and saw \vspacing in core-spa.mkiv,
I dont't know what this should do and was unable to get it working but
I'm interested to know how it did work and what it should do.

Greetings
Wolfgang

* Re: Removing inbreakable whitespace at pagebreaks
@ 2008-05-16 10:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-16 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to take care in my letter module to keep at least the last sentence
> in the text the signature together on the same page, this did work but
> I introduced another problem.

Why don't you just put the \blank inside of the macro that typesets
the signature ? Removing stuff is much harder than not outputting it
in the first place.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Removing inbreakable whitespace at pagebreaks
@ 2008-05-16 10:17   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-16 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to take care in my letter module to keep at least the last sentence
>> in the text the signature together on the same page, this did work but
>> I introduced another problem.
>
> Why don't you just put the \blank inside of the macro that typesets
> the signature ? Removing stuff is much harder than not outputting it
> in the first place.

I realized this by myself but I'm looking for a solution independant from
the interface and twopassdata eitheir with two runs or analyzing the content
seems to be the only solution.

I could look for if a signature is set but this works on a different point
where I want it to be happen.

Wolfgang