* American-style letters with t-letter?
@ 2008-05-15 21:02 David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2008-05-15 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all (but especially Wolfgang Schuster):

I'd like to use Wolfgang's t-letter module to set up a very basic
American-style letter. I see (by looking into t-letter.tex) that there
are at least plans for this to be possible. Is there a little example
anywhere of how to get started?

(Really, for my purposes, the basic DIN example as given in lm.pdf is
pretty good - just wondering what the other possibility looks like.)

Thanks
David

* Re: American-style letters with t-letter?
@ 2008-05-16  7:12 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-16  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM, David Rogers
<davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all (but especially Wolfgang Schuster):
>
> I'd like to use Wolfgang's t-letter module to set up a very basic
> American-style letter. I see (by looking into t-letter.tex) that there
> are at least plans for this to be possible. Is there a little example
> anywhere of how to get started?
>
> (Really, for my purposes, the basic DIN example as given in lm.pdf is
> pretty good - just wondering what the other possibility looks like.)

Hi David,

I planned to provide a few american letter styles and you saw my
comments in t-letter but I'm interested to know if want the element
structure like normal block, semiblock etc. [1] formats where the
position from every element depends on the last element or if it is
acceptable to write styles where the positions for the insideaddress,
the date and all other elements is fixed [2,page 4] like in my current
styles and only the body text, the subject etc. depends on the page
layout.

This is important to know for me both if have to use two different
systems for both solutions and the first requires more work because
I have to take care to allow you to switch between all styles.

Greetings
Wolfgang

[1] http://www.kcitraining.com/styleguide/letform.html
[2] http://www.vericon.de/download/pdf_leseprobe/VK51-Englische_Geschaeftsbriefe-Leseprobe.pdf

* Re: American-style letters with t-letter?
@ 2008-05-16 18:26   ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2008-05-16 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM, David Rogers
> <davidandrewrogers@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all (but especially Wolfgang Schuster):
>>
>> I'd like to use Wolfgang's t-letter module to set up a very basic
>> American-style letter. I see (by looking into t-letter.tex) that there
>> are at least plans for this to be possible. Is there a little example
>> anywhere of how to get started?
>>
>> (Really, for my purposes, the basic DIN example as given in lm.pdf is
>> pretty good - just wondering what the other possibility looks like.)
>
> Hi David,
>
> I planned to provide a few american letter styles and you saw my
> comments in t-letter but I'm interested to know if want the element
> structure like normal block, semiblock etc. [1] formats where the
> position from every element depends on the last element or if it is
> acceptable to write styles where the positions for the insideaddress,
> the date and all other elements is fixed [2,page 4] like in my current
> styles and only the body text, the subject etc. depends on the page
> layout.
>
> This is important to know for me both if have to use two different
> systems for both solutions and the first requires more work because
> I have to take care to allow you to switch between all styles.

Thanks Wolfgang. I don't know the correct answer to this, so I'll wait
for someone who does.

@ 2008-05-19  6:07     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-19  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

> Thanks Wolfgang. I don't know the correct answer to this, so I'll wait
> for someone who does.
>
> David

I put a new version online, you could try the tree new styles "fullblock",
"semiblock" and "modifiedblock" (take a look into the examples),
the styles are not finished but the structure should be OK.

Wolfgang

* Re: American-style letters with t-letter?
@ 2008-05-29  6:36       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-29  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

a new version is online, most of the changes are done in the american
styles where I corrected the first three styles and added also another
three styles.

Greetings
Wolfgang