From: "Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Specifying last page when using imposition
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:59:12 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:33 AM, John Devereux
<jdREMOVE@thisdevereux.me.uk> wrote:
> "Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi John,

>> Could you try the following page brake method.
>>
>> \unprotect
>>
>> \installpagebreakhandler {newquadruple}%
>>   {\ifdoublesided
>>      \!!counta\realpageno
>>      \!!countb\realpageno
>>      \advance\!!counta 4
>>      \divide\!!counta 4
>>      \multiply\!!counta 4
>>      \advance\!!countb 1
>>      \advance\!!counta-\!!countb
>>      \executepagebreakhandler\v!yes
>>      \dorecurse\!!counta{\executepagebreakhandler\v!empty}%
>>    \fi}
>>
>> \protect

>>> \page[8] is useless in this example because you're already beyound
>>> the eight page and the argument is useless in this case.
>>>
>>> \page[quadruple]
>>
>> \page[newquadruple]
>
> Well, this worked, thank you!
>
> I can safely say I would not have found that on my own...
>
> Could I trouble you for a version to take me to the page *before*,
> i.e. the inside back cover? I now realise I may need to put content
> there too, and if not I can just do another \page to get to the
> outside back cover.

\unprotect

\installpagebreakhandler {beforequadruple}%
 {\ifdoublesided
    \!!counta\realpageno
    \!!countb\realpageno
    \advance\!!counta 5
    \divide\!!counta 4
    \multiply\!!counta 4
    \advance\!!countb 2
    \advance\!!counta-\!!countb
    \executepagebreakhandler\v!yes
    \dorecurse\!!counta{\executepagebreakhandler\v!empty}%
  \fi}

\protect

\starttext
\showframe
\subject Front Cover

\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}
%\dorecurse{8}{\input tufte \par}

\page[beforequadruple]

Imprint

\page

Back Cover

\stoptext

>>> texexec test2
>>>
>>> you need --arrange only for documents with a table of content, indices ...
>
> OK, but my real document *will* have these - this was just a minimal
> example. Originally I wanted to put the arrangment commands outside
> the document, but I then put them inside too in case it helped.

You could use modes for a imposed and a normal document.

\startmode[fold]
\setuppapersize[A5][A4]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\stopmode

\startnotmode[fold]
\setuppapersize[A5][A5]
\stopnotmode

and process it with

texexec --arrange --mode=fold mydocument

and

texexec mydocument

Wolfgang