* Labelling figures
@ 2008-06-06  7:51 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-06  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only on
the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.

I tried start/stopfigure (mentioned as outdated in the source) but the label
is not shown.

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]

\starttext

\startfigure[kuh][cow]
\referring(1,1)(1,1)[r:horn]
\stopfigure

\externalfigure[kuh]

\stoptext

After this I tried collector and got with a little extra and a box and to dimens
what I wanted but it's not very elegant.

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]

\starttext

\newbox\labelbox \setbox\labelbox\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]}

\newdimen\labelwidth  \labelwidth \wd\labelbox
\newdimen\labelheight \labelheight\ht\labelbox

\definecollector[label][state=repeat]

\setcollector[label]{\box\labelbox}

\setcollector[label][x=.65\labelwidth,y=.75\labelheight]{udder}

\placefigure
  {A labelled cow}
  {\flushcollector[label]}

\stoptext

Figurelabel as described in the label manual [1] seem to be the perfect
solution but the module was finished :-(

Is there not better way to achieve what I want and do I have to live with
my second method or could I hope for the future.

[1] http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mlabels.pdf

Greetings
Wolfgang

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-16  9:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

any new news about my question below.

Wolfgang

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only on
> the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.
>

> I tried start/stopfigure (mentioned as outdated in the source) but the label
> is not shown.
>
> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startfigure[kuh][cow]
> \referring(1,1)(1,1)[r:horn]
> \stopfigure
>
> \externalfigure[kuh]
>
> \stoptext
>

> After this I tried collector and got with a little extra and a box and to dimens
> what I wanted but it's not very elegant.
>
> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \newbox\labelbox \setbox\labelbox\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]}
>
> \newdimen\labelwidth  \labelwidth \wd\labelbox
> \newdimen\labelheight \labelheight\ht\labelbox
>
> \definecollector[label][state=repeat]
>
> \setcollector[label]{\box\labelbox}
>
> \setcollector[label][x=.65\labelwidth,y=.75\labelheight]{udder}
>
> \placefigure
>  {A labelled cow}
>  {\flushcollector[label]}
>

> \stoptext
>

> Figurelabel as described in the label manual [1] seem to be the perfect
> solution but the module isn't finished :-(
>

> Is there not better way to achieve what I want and do I have to live with
> my second method or could I hope for the future.
>

> [1] http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mlabels.pdf
>

> Greetings
> Wolfgang

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-16 14:28   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-16 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> any new news about my question below.
>
> Wolfgang
>
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only on
>> the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.

how about just using a layer ...

>> I tried start/stopfigure (mentioned as outdated in the source) but the label
>> is not shown.
>>
>> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startfigure[kuh][cow]
>> \referring(1,1)(1,1)[r:horn]
>> \stopfigure
>>
>> \externalfigure[kuh]
>>
>> \stoptext
>>

>> After this I tried collector and got with a little extra and a box and to dimens
>> what I wanted but it's not very elegant.
>>
>> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \newbox\labelbox \setbox\labelbox\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]}
>>
>> \newdimen\labelwidth  \labelwidth \wd\labelbox
>> \newdimen\labelheight \labelheight\ht\labelbox
>>
>> \definecollector[label][state=repeat]
>>
>> \setcollector[label]{\box\labelbox}
>>
>> \setcollector[label][x=.65\labelwidth,y=.75\labelheight]{udder}
>>
>> \placefigure
>>  {A labelled cow}
>>  {\flushcollector[label]}
>>

>> \stoptext
>>

>> Figurelabel as described in the label manual [1] seem to be the perfect
>> solution but the module isn't finished :-(
>>

>> Is there not better way to achieve what I want and do I have to live with
>> my second method or could I hope for the future.
>>

>> [1] http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mlabels.pdf
>>

>> Greetings
>> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-16 15:44     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2008-09-16 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 16:28:45 Hans Hagen wrote:
> >> what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only
> >> on the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.
>
> how about just using a layer ...

You might also try pgf/tikz, according to your taste:

\usemodule[tikz]
\starttikzpicture[scale=xxxx]
\pgftext{\externalfigure[kuh][width=1cm]};
\draw (x,y) node {label};
\stoptikzpicture

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-17  6:17     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-17  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> any new news about my question below.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
>> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only on
>>> the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.
>
> how about just using a layer ...

And how could they help me, I want to pisition the label relative to
the figure size with fraction of the figure width and heigth.

I could write my own macros to do this but I hoped you have already
something available to do this.

Wolfgang

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-17  6:19       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-17  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:

>> how about just using a layer ...
>
> You might also try pgf/tikz, according to your taste:
>
> \usemodule[tikz]
> \starttikzpicture[scale=xxxx]
> \pgftext{\externalfigure[kuh][width=1cm]};
> \draw (x,y) node {label};
> \stoptikzpicture

Thanks for the tip but I won't rely on external packages, before this
will happen I write my own macros.

Wolfgang

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-09-17  7:56       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-17  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> any new news about my question below.
>>>
>>> Wolfgang

>> how about just using a layer ...
>
> And how could they help me, I want to pisition the label relative to
> the figure size with fraction of the figure width and heigth.
>
> I could write my own macros to do this but I hoped you have already
> something available to do this.

hm, i thought that you knew all those things -)

wikifyable ...

\definelayer[figure][width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight]
\defineoverlay[figure][{\directsetup{figure}\tightlayer[figure]}]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

     \startsetups figure

\setlayerframed[figure][preset=rightbottom,x=.25\layerwidth,y=.25\layerheight]{HERE}
         \setlayerframed[figure][preset=leftbottom,
x=.15\layerwidth,y=.35\layerheight]{THERE}
     \stopsetups

\externalfigure[cow][background={foreground,figure},width=4cm,height=8cm]

     \startsetups figure

\setlayerframed[figure][preset=righttop,x=.25\layerwidth,y=.25\layerheight]{MORE}

\setlayerframed[figure][preset=middle,foregroundcolor=green]{EVEN MORE}
     \stopsetups

\externalfigure[cow][background={foreground,figure},width=14cm,height=2cm]

     \defineexternalfigure[whatever][background={foreground,figure}]

     \startsetups figure

\setlayerframed[figure][preset=righttop,x=.25\layerwidth,y=.25\layerheight]{\red
MORE}

\setlayerframed[figure][preset=middle,foregroundcolor=green]{EVEN MORE}
     \stopsetups

     \externalfigure[cow][whatever][width=14cm,height=4cm]

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* lang-ita.tex (see=)
@ 2008-09-18 11:28         ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2008-09-18 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Missing from lang-ita.tex:
\setuplabeltext[\s!fr][\v!see=voir ]

(indeed, this label needs to be set for
all of the variants fr es ca it la pt ro)

Thanks, Alan

* mtxrun TEXINPUTS bug
@ 2008-10-13  8:01         ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2008-10-13  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

With
  $ export TEXINPUTS=".:/home/local/tex//:"
mtxrun fails
  $ mtxrun --script fonts --list
  cannot open : No such file or directory
as it looks to open /home/local/tex/font-syn.lua
rather than /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua
(after succeeding to find /usr/share/texmf/scripts/context/lua/mtx-fonts.lua).

Must be a simple script error, but I have not found the bug....

- using Debian/unstable :
MtxRun | current version  : 2008.05.21 15:21
LuaTools | version 1.2.0 - 2006+ - PRAGMA ADE / CONTEXT
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.28.0-2008070709

--
Alan Braslau

* Re: Labelling figures
@ 2008-10-18  9:48       ` olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2008-10-18  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> I could write my own macros to do this but I hoped you have already
> something available to do this.

Hi Wolfgang,
I don't remember where I get this, I'm only sure it's coming from a Hans's
example somewhere...

\definefont[AuteurFont][Sans sa .40]
\defineornament
[Auteur]
[rotation=90,corner={right,bottom},location={right,top},
hoffset=.9ex,voffset=.9ex,alternative=b]
[style=AuteurFont,offset=0pt]

% This affiliation is used as:
% \placefigure
% {Affiliations normally are typeset pretty small.}
% {\Auteur {\copyright myself} {\externalfigure[hacker]}}

HTH

--
olivier Turlier
Marseille