* Problem with TSV tables
@ 2008-06-10 22:25 Jan-Erik Hägglöf
From: Jan-Erik Hägglöf @ 2008-06-10 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Followed the "MyWay" creating tables using CSV..in order to create
tables from datafiles in tab separated columns.

A weird message "\line= ..." stop appears

Can someone figure it out?

Thanks in advance

Jan-Erik Hägglöf

[-- Attachment #2: tsvmall.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-matlab, Size: 522 bytes --]

% engine=luatex
\mainlanguage[sv]
% \environments
\usemodule[database]
%\unprotect
%\startsetups TSV:unix
% \catcode \#=\@@comment
%\stopsetups
%\protect
\defineseparatedlist[TSV][separator=tab,before=,after=,first=\bTR,last=\eTR,left=\bTD,right=\eTD]
\setupTABLE[r][1][style=bold,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
\starttext
\bTABLE
\startTSV %Riktig tid $ T $ 	Pulser per sekund $ \frac{d\nu}{dt} $ 	Absolut fel $ \delta \nu'=\sqrt{\nu} $
a	b	c	d
\stopTSV
\processseparatedfile[TSV][sndfall.dat]
\eTABLE
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: error.logfile --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2229 bytes --]

TeXExec | processing document 'tsvmall.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file tsvmall.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 294
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
(./tsvmall.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.27 19:08 MKIV  fmt: 2008.4.28  int: english/english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
lua            : used config path - /home/janneman/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf;/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/web2c/texmf.cnf;/home/janneman/tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
lua            : used cache path - /home/janneman/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/7ede91d1955d08635a26a177305114fa
) (/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-mtx.tex))
system         : cont-old loaded
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system         : cont-sys loaded
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex (/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex) (/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex) (/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex))
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
specials       : tex loaded
system         : tsvmall.top loaded
(./tsvmall.top
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex (/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkiv))
specials       : fdf loaded
)
specials       : fdf loaded
)
system         : module database loaded
(/home/janneman/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/m-database.tex) (./tsvmall.tuo) (./tsvmall.tuo)
systems        : begin file tsvmall at line 12

\line=TeXExec | runtime: 43.756439

* Re: Problem with TSV tables
@ 2008-06-11  0:05 ` Mojca Miklavec
       [not found]   ` <1213176395.6378.9.camel@djsameman>
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-11  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Jan-Erik Hägglöf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Followed the "MyWay" creating tables using CSV..in order to create
> tables from datafiles in tab separated columns.
>
> A weird message "\line= ..." stop appears

Hello,

You're using
   \processseparatedfile[TSV][sndfall.dat]
Does the file sndfall.dat exist in the folder where you're compiling
the document?

Mojca

* Re: Problem with TSV tables
       [not found]   ` <1213176395.6378.9.camel@djsameman>
@ 2008-06-11 10:22     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-11 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Jan-Erik Hägglöf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Life is much easier if everything is there, thanks it worked better.
> Unfortunally it seems that the "heading" part not work as expected. Only
> the first "values" line get the grey bg and bold font. You can see
> attached files.

You mean that you don't get this line?
    Time; Decay per second; Errorlimits

To be honest - I do not understand a single line in the database
module. A really dirty future-incompatible workaround is to duplicate
the line. The first one will be swallowed and the lecond one will be
typeset, but that's a bug in the module. Hans? Taco? Why is the first
line ignored?

It worked OK some time ago, and nothing has changed in the module
itself, so it's a complete mystery.

> Thanks for helping me!
>
> By the way... you did for a month ago send a working gnuplot module that
> is working with Luatex. After a computercrash I lost it. Can you send
> that once again??

I guess this is the file I have sent you some time ago, but it doesn't
work any more. I suspect that this portion of code is "broken" (LuaTeX
doesn't create a new file any more), but I need to test before saying
anything; it might be some completely reason:

\doifmode{*\v!first}{
	\immediate\openout\scratchwrite=\GNUPLOTfile.plt
	\immediate\write\scratchwrite{set terminal
\@@GNUPLOToutput\space\@@GNUPLOToptions}%
	\immediate\write\scratchwrite{load '\GNUPLOTfile.tmp'}%
	\immediate\closeout\scratchwrite
}

I wanted to say: "a dirty workaround is to run texexec with mkii
before" since it does generate the file (mkiv doesn't) and then luaTeX
would use that file, but even that seems to be broken now.

Just in case that Hans can spot the reason of error, here it is, but I
will try to find some minimal example to reproduce it.

! LuaTeX error ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-log.lua:74:
invalid option '%C' to 'format'.
\processMPgraphic ... \MPuserinclusions ;\!!es ) }
                                                  \global \settrue \METAFUNi...
\handlereusableMPgraphic ...\processMPgraphic {#3}
                                                  }\setxvalue {\@@MPG #1}{\n...
\douseMPgraphic ... [#1][#2]}\getvalue {\@@MPG #1}
                                                  \empty \elabelgroup
<to be read again>
                   }
\redoloop ->\expandrecursecontent
                                  \endofloop
<to be read again>
                   {
l.11 \stoptext

?

Mojca

[-- Attachment #2: t-gnuplot.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: tsvmall.tex --]

[-- Attachment #4: sndfall.dat --]

24.5	38.528	6.21
44.5	24.139	4.91
64.5	17.250	4.15
84.5	12.806	3.58
104.5	8.361	2.89
129	6.278	2.51
159	4.861	2.2
189	3.917	1.98
219	3.973	1.99
249	2.973	1.72
279	2.556	1.6
322.5	2.150	1.47
382.5	1.739	1.32
442.5	1.150	1.07
502.5	0.750	0.87
562.5	0.628	0.79

* Re: Problem with TSV tables
@ 2008-06-11 10:50 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-11 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

<janerik.hagglof@bredband.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Followed the "MyWay" creating tables using CSV..in order to create
> tables from datafiles in tab separated columns.
>
> A weird message "\line= ..." stop appears
>
> Can someone figure it out?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jan-Erik Hägglöf

Remove the % after \startTSV.

Wolfgang

* Re: Problem with TSV tables
@ 2008-06-11 11:26       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Jan-Erik Hägglöf wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Life is much easier if everything is there, thanks it worked better.
>> Unfortunally it seems that the "heading" part not work as expected. Only
>> the first "values" line get the grey bg and bold font. You can see
>> attached files.
>
> You mean that you don't get this line?
>     Time; Decay per second; Errorlimits
>
> To be honest - I do not understand a single line in the database
> module. A really dirty future-incompatible workaround is to duplicate
> the line. The first one will be swallowed and the lecond one will be
> typeset, but that's a bug in the module. Hans? Taco? Why is the first
> line ignored?
>
> It worked OK some time ago, and nothing has changed in the module
> itself, so it's a complete mystery.
>
>> Thanks for helping me!
>>
>> By the way... you did for a month ago send a working gnuplot module that
>> is working with Luatex. After a computercrash I lost it. Can you send
>> that once again??
>
> I guess this is the file I have sent you some time ago, but it doesn't
> work any more. I suspect that this portion of code is "broken" (LuaTeX
> doesn't create a new file any more), but I need to test before saying
> anything; it might be some completely reason:
>
> \doifmode{*\v!first}{
> 	\immediate\openout\scratchwrite=\GNUPLOTfile.plt
> 	\immediate\write\scratchwrite{set terminal
> \@@GNUPLOToutput\space\@@GNUPLOToptions}%
> 	\immediate\write\scratchwrite{load '\GNUPLOTfile.tmp'}%
> 	\immediate\closeout\scratchwrite
> }
>
> I wanted to say: "a dirty workaround is to run texexec with mkii
> before" since it does generate the file (mkiv doesn't) and then luaTeX
> would use that file, but even that seems to be broken now.
>
> Just in case that Hans can spot the reason of error, here it is, but I
> will try to find some minimal example to reproduce it.
>

> ! LuaTeX error ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-log.lua:74:
> invalid option '%C' to 'format'.

depends where the %C comes from ... maybe %%C works ok in the message

anyhow, i need to redo that module in lua i think

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Problem with TSV tables
@ 2008-06-11 12:10       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-06-11 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> To be honest - I do not understand a single line in the database
> module. A really dirty future-incompatible workaround is to duplicate
> the line. The first one will be swallowed and the lecond one will be
> typeset, but that's a bug in the module. Hans? Taco? Why is the first
> line ignored?

It is not a bug, \startTSV has to be delimited by a newline.
Just remove the comment from that line and it will work as expected.

Best wishes,
Taco