* placing image on layer is sketchy
@ 2008-06-20 19:54 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2008-06-20 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

still working on the CD booklet ;-)

While trying to include the pictures I have some problems with placing a
picture onto a layer: The following code should place the picture into the
lower right corner of the upper part and then goes to the left. The part that
goes over the page border is for the bleeding.
But the result (as seen in the attached pdf) is a sketchy position of the
right, bottom corner it looks like the same offset in x and -y direction.

Two more observations:
- with the "offset=-1mm" in the layerframe configuration there is only an
offset in -y direction left (offset=0mm is not enough)
- without the frame it works as expected (and so my problem is solved)

\setuppapersize[CD][CD,oversized]
\setuppagenumbering[location=,state=stop]

\setuplayout
  [location=middle]

\showframe[edge]

\useexternalfigure[page12][dummy]

\definelayer
  [p12]
  [width=\paperwidth,
  height=\paperheight]

\setlayerframed [p12]
  [x=\paperwidth,y=74mm,
  location={left,top}]
  [width=124mm,height=77mm,
  %offset=-1mm,
  frame=on]
  {\externalfigure[page12][width=126mm,height=77mm]}
%\setlayer [p12]
%  [x=\paperwidth,y=74mm,
%  location={left,top}]
%  {\externalfigure[page12][width=124mm,height=77mm]}

\starttext
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=p12]
\startstandardmakeup
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: piclayer.pdf --]

* Re: placing image on layer is sketchy
@ 2008-06-20 21:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-20 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Koloska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> still working on the CD booklet ;-)
>
> While trying to include the pictures I have some problems with placing a
> picture onto a layer: The following code should place the picture into the
> lower right corner of the upper part and then goes to the left. The part that
> goes over the page border is for the bleeding.
> But the result (as seen in the attached pdf) is a sketchy position of the
> right, bottom corner it looks like the same offset in x and -y direction.

grep for

\definelayerpreset

using preset is easier

preset=lefttop,offset=2mm,x=3mm,y=4mm

there's also hoffset and voffset so that you can use offset per layer
and per placement

x, y, offset are all relative to the corner

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-06-23  7:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-23  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Uwe Koloska <ml@koloro.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> still working on the CD booklet ;-)
>
> While trying to include the pictures I have some problems with placing a
> picture onto a layer: The following code should place the picture into the
> lower right corner of the upper part and then goes to the left. The part that
> goes over the page border is for the bleeding.
> But the result (as seen in the attached pdf) is a sketchy position of the
> right, bottom corner it looks like the same offset in x and -y direction.
>
> Two more observations:
> - with the "offset=-1mm" in the layerframe configuration there is only an
> offset in -y direction left (offset=0mm is not enough)
> - without the frame it works as expected (and so my problem is solved)
>
> \setuppapersize[CD][CD,oversized]
> \setuppagenumbering[location=,state=stop]
>
> \setuplayout
>  [location=middle]
>
> \showframe[edge]
>
> \useexternalfigure[page12][dummy]
>
> \definelayer
>  [p12]
>  [width=\paperwidth,
>  height=\paperheight]
>
> \setlayerframed [p12]
>  [x=\paperwidth,y=74mm,
>  location={left,top}]
>  [width=124mm,height=77mm,
>  %offset=-1mm,
>  frame=on]
>  {\externalfigure[page12][width=126mm,height=77mm]}
> %\setlayer [p12]
> %  [x=\paperwidth,y=74mm,
> %  location={left,top}]
> %  {\externalfigure[page12][width=124mm,height=77mm]}

\setlayer
  [p12]
  [preset=righttop,
   voffset=74mm]
  {\offset[location=rt,rightoffset=-3mm]
     {\tlap{\externalfigure[page12][width=\dimexpr\paperwidth+6mm\relax,height=77mm]}}}

> \starttext
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=p12]
> \startstandardmakeup
> \stopstandardmakeup