* Custom letter head
@ 2008-07-07  7:26 Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2008-07-07  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Dear Wolfgang,

I was wondering how I could place a simple MetaPost graphic into the
head area of a letter, next to the address data. I know the manual
says you're going to write this and similar things up soon … could you
still give me a sneak peek as where to look at and what to modify? All
I need is a quick adaption that works for now …

Many thanks,
Oliver

* Re: Custom letter head
@ 2008-07-07  8:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-07  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Oliver Buerschaper
<oliver.buerschaper@mpq.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang,
>
> I was wondering how I could place a simple MetaPost graphic into the
> head area of a letter, next to the address data. I know the manual
> says you're going to write this and similar things up soon … could you
> still give me a sneak peek as where to look at and what to modify? All
> I need is a quick adaption that works for now …

\startuseMpgraphic{letter:head}
\stopuseMPgraphic

\setupletterstyle
  [head] % [frame]
  [background=\useMPgraphic{letter:head}]

for a MetaPost graphic in the background of the head.

You could also create your own letter head with:

\startsetups{letter:head}
\stopsetups

this replace my default letter head with fromname and fromaddress,
to access these to values you could use \lettervalue{fromname} and
\lettervalue{fromaddress}.

Regards,
Wolfgang