* Understanding ConTeXt better. What does \doattributes do?
@ 2008-08-03  9:29 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2008-08-03  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I've been reading the Document Titles page on the wiki
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles>. I'm trying to better
understand how ConTeXt works. Could someone explain what
\doattributes does? It doesn't appear to be covered in the Inside
ConTeXt section of the wiki.

Also on the subject of Document Titles. Why is it that \setuptitle is
called several times at the end of the source code?

TIA,

Elliot

* Re: Understanding ConTeXt better. What does \doattributes do?
@ 2008-08-04  9:37 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-08-04  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Elliot Clifton <cliftoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading the Document Titles page on the wiki
> <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles>. I'm trying to better
> understand how ConTeXt works. Could someone explain what
> \doattributes does? It doesn't appear to be covered in the Inside
> ConTeXt section of the wiki.

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

% \my..  : namespace
% ..style: you could use any value defined with \definecolor
% ..color: one of ConTeXt's font/style switching command like \bf, \ss, \tfa ...

\def\mycolor{red}
\def\mystyle{bold}

\doattributes{my}{style}{color}{Red bold text.}

\def\mycolor{green}
\def\mystyle{\ss\tfb}

\doattributes{my}{style}{color}{Green big text.}

\stoptext

> Also on the subject of Document Titles. Why is it that \setuptitle is
> called several times at the end of the source code?

The \setuptitle command is used to set the color and style for the
elements and the version with one argument is used to set the text.

\setuptitle
  [\c!title]
  [\c!style=\tfd,
   \c!color=]

Print the 'document title' in a bigger size.

\setuptitle
  [\c!author,\c!date]
  [\c!style=\tfa,
   \c!color=]

Print the 'author name' and the 'date' in a slightly bigger size.

\setuptitle
  [\c!title=,
   \c!author=,
   \c!date=\currentdate]

No content for the 'author' and the 'document title' by default but set
the value 'date' to the current day.

Wolfgang

* Re: Understanding ConTeXt better. What does \doattributes do?
@ 2008-08-04  9:39   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-08-04  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Elliot Clifton <cliftoo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been reading the Document Titles page on the wiki
>> <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles>. I'm trying to better
>> understand how ConTeXt works. Could someone explain what
>> \doattributes does? It doesn't appear to be covered in the Inside
>> ConTeXt section of the wiki.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \starttext
>
> % \my..  : namespace
> % ..style: you could use any value defined with \definecolor
> % ..color: one of ConTeXt's font/style switching command like \bf, \ss, \tfa ...

% \my..  : namespace
% ..color: you could use any value defined with \definecolor
% ..style: one of ConTeXt's font/style switching command like \bf, \ss, \tfa ...