* dot space (english article in german publication)
@ 2008-09-02 13:01 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-09-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

an english article set with \mainlanguage[en] gets this additional
space after the dot closing a sentence.
That's probably right for english, only if all other articles in that
publication are german it looks like a mistake.

How to keep the english language but turn this english typesetting off?

Thanks

Steffen

* Re: dot space (english article in german publication)
@ 2008-09-02 15:05 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-02 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> an english article set with \mainlanguage[en] gets this additional
> space after the dot closing a sentence.
> That's probably right for english, only if all other articles in that
> publication are german it looks like a mistake.
>
> How to keep the english language but turn this english typesetting off?

\setuplanguage[en][spacing=packed]

Wolfgang

* Re: dot space (english article in german publication)
@ 2008-09-02 22:41   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2008-09-02 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 05:05:09PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster napisa&#322;(a):
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > an english article set with \mainlanguage[en] gets this additional
> > space after the dot closing a sentence.
> > That's probably right for english, only if all other articles in that
> > publication are german it looks like a mistake.
> >
> > How to keep the english language but turn this english typesetting off?
>
> \setuplanguage[en][spacing=packed]

Hi!

I didn't test it (sorry;)), but I found this interesting, so I posted
this to the wiki (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/French_spacing).  Please
correct that page if necessary.

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy about
telescopes.

	    (E. Dijkstra)