Hi, I make a hole in a MetaPost graphic and add a graphic as background but in MkIV I get no hole but the lines I try to remove are still visible. All files with the two results from MkII (what I want) and MkIV are in the attachment. \starttext \startMPcode picture temp ; path mask ; draw (0,1cm)--(2cm,1cm) ; draw (1cm,0)--(1cm,2cm) ; temp := currentpicture ; currentpicture := nullpicture ; mask := unitsquare scaled 2cm -- reverse fullsquare scaled 1cm shifted (1cm,1cm) -- cycle ; clip temp to mask ; currentpicture := temp ; draw fullsquare scaled 5mm shifted (1cm,1cm) ; temp := currentpicture ; currentpicture := nullpicture ; externalfigure "holz280.jpg" scaled 2cm ; addto currentpicture also temp ; \stopMPcode \stoptext Wolfgang