* Background on paragraphs
@ 2009-01-27  9:36 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2009-01-27  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I'm new to ConTeXt but not new to LaTeX and I really
enjoy to learn again something new and that seems
to be cleaner in syntax at least.

By reading the excursion, I typed something that did
not work on my computer. It is about the background
on paragraphs. I've a big black background and we
cannot see the text. I attached the PDF file produced.

I used texexec :
% texexec
TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

and the following code :
\setupbackground[background=screen,corner=round]
\starttext
\startbackground
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
Nam semper mi pellentesque diam. Vestibulum tellus erat,
vestibulum vel, blandit ac, placerat at, metus. Integer
rhoncus neque vel dolor. Sed dapibus arcu eu lorem.
In eleifend nunc nec justo. Maecenas sagittis ultricies
orci. Proin nec est. Integer dictum dictum felis. Mauris
nibh dui, tempus eget, auctor et, ultrices nec, nulla.
Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient
montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Duis lacinia vehicula
pede. Sed eros tellus, ultricies id, porttitor sed, bibendum
quis, metus. Pellentesque et justo eu ante tristique aliquet.
Quisque dui tellus, cursus sit amet, tincidunt nec,
imperdiet et, nibh. Quisque sapien elit, semper ac, molestie
et, dapibus vulputate, nunc. Sed in nisl. Vivamus ligula.
Aliquam eros pede, iaculis vitae, imperdiet sit amet,
commodo a, nibh. Pellentesque a turpis.
\stopbackground
\stoptext

I hope to have some help and feedback about,

Cheers,

Antoine C.

* Re: Background on paragraphs
@ 2009-01-27  9:37 ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2009-01-27  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Obviously, I forgot the attachment. Here it is.

[-- Attachment #2: background.pdf --]

* Re: Background on paragraphs
@ 2009-01-27  9:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-01-27  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Antoine,

> By reading the excursion, I typed something that did
> not work on my computer. It is about the background
> on paragraphs. I've a big black background and we
> cannot see the text. I attached the PDF file produced.

\setupcolors[state=start]

> \setupbackground[background=screen,corner=round]
> \starttext
> \startbackground
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
> Nam semper mi pellentesque diam. Vestibulum tellus erat,
> vestibulum vel, blandit ac, placerat at, metus. Integer
> rhoncus neque vel dolor. Sed dapibus arcu eu lorem.
> In eleifend nunc nec justo. Maecenas sagittis ultricies
> orci. Proin nec est. Integer dictum dictum felis. Mauris
> nibh dui, tempus eget, auctor et, ultrices nec, nulla.
> Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient
> montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Duis lacinia vehicula
> pede. Sed eros tellus, ultricies id, porttitor sed, bibendum
> quis, metus. Pellentesque et justo eu ante tristique aliquet.
> Quisque dui tellus, cursus sit amet, tincidunt nec,
> imperdiet et, nibh. Quisque sapien elit, semper ac, molestie
> et, dapibus vulputate, nunc. Sed in nisl. Vivamus ligula.
> Aliquam eros pede, iaculis vitae, imperdiet sit amet,
> commodo a, nibh. Pellentesque a turpis.
> \stopbackground
> \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Background on paragraphs
@ 2009-01-27 10:52   ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2009-01-27 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you a lot for your quick answer. It
perfectly worked

> \setupcolors[state=start]
Why is it needed, what does that do exactly?
Where can I find more information about?

@ 2009-01-27 11:08     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-01-27 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Antoine Cailliau
<antoinecailliau@gmail.com> wrote:

>> \setupcolors[state=start]

> Why is it needed, what does that do exactly?

The command enable color support.

> Where can I find more information about?

wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Colors
Beginners manual (page 59): http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-1.htm
Reference manual (page 113): http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-9.htm

Wolfgang