* centered text in frame does not fit
@ 2009-02-26 23:16 dobbels.geert
From: dobbels.geert @ 2009-02-26 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

After a couple of years of using an older context version, it was time to
update the whole setup. So I installed the context standalone version. I
was pretty impressed about the ease of installation compared to what I
remember from previous experiences. However, using a piece of tex that
never gave me problems before, I now see the following : as you will see in
the example, I put a centered text within a frame, and for some reason the
line is splitted (see center and right frame), while the same text in the
same frames, using left or right alignment does not split the lines, so the
text itself is not too long to fit...... This did not happen on my previous
context installation..... what could be the cause ?

Thanks...

\starttext
\framed[width=\makeupwidth, height=3cm, align=right,strut=no,
offset=none,frame=on]{
\framed[width=0.230\makeupwidth,height=3cm, align=center, frame=off,
rightframe=on, offset=none] {Mydepname \crlf anotherline}
\framed[width=0.510\makeupwidth, height=3cm, frame=off, offset=none]
{\crlf \crlf {\bf Descripci\'on Nr: 70/123--634} \crlf {\it Information
Document nr. 70/123--634} \crlf Final Version}
\framed[width=0.230\makeupwidth, height=3cm, align=center, frame=off,
leftframe=on, offset=none]
{\crlf \tfx Fecha de emisi\'on: \crlf Date of issue: \crlf
\currentdate[dd,--,mm,--,j] \crlf \crlf pagina/page {\pagenumber} de/of
{\lastpage}}
}

\crlf \crlf \crlf \crlf \crlf
\framed[width=\makeupwidth, height=3cm, align=right,strut=no,
offset=none,frame=on]{
\framed[width=0.230\makeupwidth,height=3cm, align=center, frame=off,
rightframe=on, offset=none] {Mydepname \crlf anotherline}
\framed[width=0.510\makeupwidth, height=3cm, align=left, frame=off,
offset=none]
{\crlf \crlf {\bf Descripci\'on Nr: 70/123--634} \crlf {\it Information
Document nr. 70/123--634} \crlf Final Version}
\framed[width=0.230\makeupwidth, height=3cm, align=right, frame=off,
leftframe=on, offset=none]
{\crlf \tfx Fecha de emisi\'on: \crlf Date of issue: \crlf
\currentdate[dd,--,mm,--,j] \crlf \crlf pagina/page {\pagenumber} de/of
{\lastpage}}
}
\stoptext

* Re: centered text in frame does not fit
@ 2009-02-27  9:59 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-27  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM,  <dobbels.geert@googlemail.com> wrote:

> After a couple of years of using an older context version, it was time to
> update the whole setup. So I installed the context standalone version. I was
> pretty impressed about the ease of installation compared to what I remember
> from previous experiences. However, using a piece of tex that never gave me
> problems before, I now see the following : as you will see in the example, I
> put a centered text within a frame, and for some reason the line is splitted
> (see center and right frame), while the same text in the same frames, using
> left or right alignment does not split the lines, so the text itself is not
> too long to fit...... This did not happen on my previous context
> installation..... what could be the cause ?

align={wide,center}

Wolfgang