* Line numbering
@ 2006-09-02  4:43 CV Radhakrishnan
From: CV Radhakrishnan @ 2006-09-02  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Forgive me if I sound naive.  I searched the archives, but could not
find the solution for my following problem:

I need to have line numbers for the text formatted in two columns.  The
numbers for left column shall appear in the left side and that for right
column shall appear in the right side of the page.  location=inmargin
option to the \setuplinenumbering doesn't help much.  Please take a look
at the following image:

  http://www.river-valley.com/cvr/one.png

which will give you an idea of my requirement.  Any help in this matter
will be highly apprecaited and thanks in advance.

Best

Radhakrishnan

* Re: line numbering
@ 2009-10-25 16:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-25 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Harder wrote:
> Good morning everyone!
>
> I've discovered some strange behavior from line numbering (attachment).
> The size of the line numbers changes after a page break.
>

> Furthermore some settings for line numbers do not work. I tried some of
> the examples from strc-lnt.mkiv (at the bottom) … I want the numbers on
> the right side and would assume \setuplinenumbering [location=right,
> align=left].
>
> Please have a look. Perhaps I did something wrong.

left/right was only implemented for columns

i uploaded a fix but keep in mind that line numbering will evolve (as
it's part of the critecal edition code that results from the oriental
tex project)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* line numbering
@ 2009-10-20  6:32 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-10-20  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning everyone!

I've discovered some strange behavior from line numbering
(attachment). The size of the line numbers changes after a page break.

[-- Attachment #2: test-linenumbering.tex --]

\setuplayout[height=fit,header=0pt,footer=0pt,topspace=0pt,bottom=0pt]

\setuplinenumbering
  [location=right, % inright
    align=left,
    % width=-\textwidth, % numbers on the right side (with align=right)
    % command=\WatchThis, % do not work
    distance=1pt,
    style=\ssx]

\def\WatchThis#1%
  {\ifodd\linenumber
     \definecolor[linecolor][red]%
   \else
     \definecolor[linecolor][green]%
   \fi
   \inframed
     [offset=1pt,frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=linecolor]
     {#1}}

\setupdelimitedtext
  [blockquote]
  [before=\startlinenumbering,
    after=\stoplinenumbering,
    style=\tfx\setupinterlinespace]

\starttext \showframe

\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte \par}

\startlinenumbering
  \dorecurse{4}{\input tufte \par}
\stoplinenumbering

\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte \par}

\startblockquote
  \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par}
\stopblockquote

\stoptext

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: context
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

Furthermore some settings for line numbers do not work. I tried some
of the examples from strc-lnt.mkiv (at the bottom) … I want the
numbers on the right side and would assume \setuplinenumbering
[location=right, align=left].

Please have a look. Perhaps I did something wrong.

Greetings
	Andreas

* Line numbering
@ 2001-06-27 21:48 David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2001-06-27 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi all,

I've used line numbering and it seems to interact with footnotes.
In

\starttext
\startlinenumbering
bla
bla2\footnote{qq}
bla3
\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext

the footnote silently disappears. I consider it to be a bug.
I'm using beta (not very-beta).

				    D.A.