* Hello, on html and LaTeX
@ 2007-01-03 22:44 mario
From: mario @ 2007-01-03 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,

my first post.
I am looking for tools to convert Html to LaTeX.
It has been suggestd to me that ConTeXt could be used to do so. Is it
the case? If yes, how?
Thanks
Regards
mario

ps pls. cc to my personal address below too.

--
mario <chiari.hm@flashnet.it>

* Re: Hello, on html and LaTeX
@ 2007-01-04  7:19 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-01-04  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: mario

On 1/3/07, mario wrote:
> hello,
>
> my first post.
> I am looking for tools to convert Html to LaTeX.
> It has been suggestd to me that ConTeXt could be used to do so. Is it
> the case? If yes, how?

There is no "html2latex" command available in ConTeXt (if that's what
you're looking for), but if you're ready to invest some time, you can
get quality out of XML documents.

You'll probably get better answers, but here are a few pages:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:XML

> ps pls. cc to my personal address below too.

I would suggest you to subscribe to the list anyway. You can select
"no mail" option, otherwise you might have to wait up to one day
before any of your posts will be accepted.

Mojca

* Re: Hello, on html and LaTeX
@ 2007-01-04 11:52   ` mario
From: mario @ 2007-01-04 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca, All,

thanks for your reply.

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 08:19 +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> There is no "html2latex" command available in ConTeXt (if that's what
> you're looking for), but if you're ready to invest some time, you can
> get quality out of XML documents.

Maybe I am ready :-)
Sorry for my ignorance, I do not know XML yet, so I have to understand
your advise.
My final goal is to be able to type within a web form a mixture of html
and LaTeX (or itex or ConTeXt) and to get both a HTML+MathML output and
a LaTeX output. For the former, I think I can use itex2MML. I miss the
tool to get the latter.
But maybe you understand better than me what I am trying to do and may
offer a few good hints.
Thanks a lot
mario

ps
> I would suggest you to subscribe to the list anyway.
done!