* font pathes with colons
@ 2018-06-08 21:51 Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2018-06-08 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have been playing around with lua fonts and investigating where to
store and how to load them.

The best with luaotfload and latex seems to be currently to get
(with a kpse call) the absolute path and then load with the "xetex"
syntax:

\font\duckchessfont =
  [\directlua{tex.sprint(kpse.find_file("luafont-duckchess.lua",
  "misc fonts"))}]:mode=node;+liga;+tlig;original=latinmodernsans

This worked but I also saw in the log curious messages

luaotfload | load : font option
"/Users/XXXX/Documents/Git/lua-font-
pond/texmf/fonts/misc/luafont/luafont-duckchess.lua]:mode=node"
unknown.

I investigated a bit. I'm on windows and imho this looks as if the
syntax parser is splitting after the C: of the drive and putting the
rest in the specification.detail field.

As far as I can see the code which does the splitting is in
font-def.lua and so part of the generic code. Is there anything that
can be done to correct his? Or can one somehow protect the colon
after c: to be interpretated as file-detail separator?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/