* ConTeXt, Framemaker, and InDesign
@ 2008-06-30 16:53 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2008-06-30 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear gang,

There has been some discussion on the list lately comparing ConTeXt with
InDesign. Are there any Framemaker users on the list? I'm interested in
comparisons between ConTeXt and Framemaker, with cross-comparisons with
InDesign as appropriate.

What does ConTeXt have that Framemaker does not?

What does Framemaker have that ConTeXt does not? (svg integration comes to
mind -- there's been some svg discussion here the last couple of days).

 From what I know of Framemaker -- structured processing etc, it seems that
would be a more a~propos comparison with ConTeXt than InDesign.

Eventually I would like to establish a wiki page with detailed and
accurate comparisons between ConTeXt, InDesign, Framemaker, and perhaps
other DTP applications as well. I even plan to get my hands on the
"competition" so I can get more 1st hands knowledge for my own edification.

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy