* Fwd: chapter page on right.
@ 2008-07-08 17:31 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2008-07-08 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

This message seems not to have gone through. Therefore I am resending
it.

Subject: chapter page on right.
Date: Tuesday 08 July 2008
From: John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>

I have set up the \chapter command thus;
\setuphead[chapter][page=right,style={\nimbua},header=high]
....where nimbua is a font.

The chapter head appears on a recto (odd numbered) page as expected
but the verso blank page inserted where necessary before the chapter
head has a running header. It should be blank. I can kludge this up
with a wrapper macro   containing  \ifodd\pageno etc. but it seems
there should be a more Contextish way to handle it.
--
John Culleton

* Re: Fwd: chapter page on right.
@ 2008-07-08 18:51 ` Charles P. Schaum
From: Charles P. Schaum @ 2008-07-08 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consider this slightly altered text from a mock-up I did for page
headers:

% Set up double-sided page numbering, backspace, and margins.
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,alternative=doublesided]

% Use a format that does not autonumber chapters.
% Put at least the chapter in the heading.
% Center the heading and put whitespace between the header and
% the chapter heading.
\setupheadertexts[chapter][]
\setuphead[chapter][page=right,after={\blank[2*big]},alternative=middle]

\starttext
\language[en]

\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]

\startstandardmakeup
\midaligned{\tfc \cap{Title}}
\blank[small]
\midaligned{\cap{Subtitle}}
\vfill
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
\midaligned{\tfd \cap{Big Title}}
\blank[medium]
\midaligned{\tfc \cap{Subtitle}}
\vfill
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[page=no]
\vfill
Indicia Page
\stopstandardmakeup

\setuppagenumber[number=5]
\setupfooter[state=empty]
\setupheader[state=empty,high,nomarking]
\completecontent[alternative=c]

\chapter{Publisher's Introduction}
\setupheader[state=empty]

.
.
.

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\def\HeadTitle#1#2%
  {\hbox to \hsize
    {\hfil{#2}\hfil}}
\setuphead[chapter][command=\HeadTitle]

\setuppagenumbering[conversion=numbers]
\setuppagenumber[number=1]

\chapter{Introduction}
\setupheadertexts[chapter][Basic Concepts]
\setupheader[state=empty]

\stopbodymatter