From: Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Layers in ConTeXt
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:31:27 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions concerning the use of layers in
ConTeXt. I'm working with Luigi Scarso on a layout which is
characterized by some fixed-position elements surrounding
the actual main body of text.

For the fixed-position elements, I'm using layers. However,
my ConTeXt is a little rusty[*], so there are a couple of
things which I need hints for.

The first one is very simple: is there a way to 'fix' the
layer's content "until they change"? I've currently set them
as page backgrounds, but their content gets reset on each
new page.

The second question is slightly more complex: is there a way
to add contents to a layer, rather than replacing the
current layer content? Something like a macro

\addtolayer[layername][hoffset=whatever(optional)]{additional content}

Thanks in advance,

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

P.S. To prove that it's really me, I'll signal two minor
typos in the context source:

core-tab.tex:88:%D   {inintable, ifsplittables}

(first should be ifintable), and

page-lyr.tex:81:      \c!x=\zeropoint,\c!y=\zeropoint,\c!position=\v!no,
page-lyr.tex:87:      \c!location=rb,\c!position=\v!no,\c!page=,

position=no is set twice in the same setup.

[*] I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, the
University has sucked up most of my time. I was never too
happy with it, and I'm planning on a comeback :D