* Help on \dostartbuffer needed
@ 2010-04-27 13:04 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-27 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to deal with \dostartbuffer.

I found an old message on the ML about \dostartbuffer
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg08222.html
and its is pretty what I want except that I do not know how can I get
access to the buffer :)

For instance,
\def\startLST[#1]%
    {\def\stopLST{End of #1}%
     \dostartbuffer[LST][startLST][stopLST]}

  \starttext
  \startLST[whatever]
  bla bla
  \stopLST
  alb alb
  \stoptext

will print End of whateveralb alb. I just want to get the content blabla in \stopLST.

I guess, it should not be hard :)

Antoine

* Re: Help on \dostartbuffer needed
@ 2010-04-27 13:13 ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-27 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mmm... \getbuffer[LST] obviously

Sorry for the noise

On 27 April 2010 15:04, Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to deal with \dostartbuffer.
>
> I found an old message on the ML about \dostartbuffer
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg08222.html
> and its is pretty what I want except that I do not know how can I get
> access to the buffer :)
>
> For instance,
> \def\startLST[#1]%
>    {\def\stopLST{End of #1}%
>     \dostartbuffer[LST][startLST][stopLST]}
>
>  \starttext
>  \startLST[whatever]
>  bla bla
>  \stopLST
>  alb alb
>  \stoptext
>
> will print End of whateveralb alb. I just want to get the content blabla in \stopLST.
>
> I guess, it should not be hard :)
>
> Antoine

* Re: Real help on \dostartbuffer needed
@ 2010-04-27 13:20   ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-27 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

This time, it is not working, and I do not have any idea why.

\defineenumeration[ENUM][]
\definebuffer[Entity,before=\startENUM,after=\stopENUM]

\starttext

\startEntity
\input tufte
\stopEntity

\stoptext

fails with

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \let
\noshowargumenterror ->\let
                            \expectedarguments \noexpectedarguments
\dodoubleempty #1->\noshowargumenterror
                                        \doifnextcharelse
[{\dodoubletestemp...

\startENUM ->\dodoubleempty \@@startdescription
                                                [ENUM]
<argument> \??bu Entity,before=\startENUM
                                          ,after=\stopENUM \c!number
\letvalue #1->\expandafter \let \csname #1
                                          \endcsname
l.4

@ 2010-04-28  7:55     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-28  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.04.10 15:20, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
> This time, it is not working, and I do not have any idea why.
>
> \defineenumeration[ENUM][]
> \definebuffer[Entity,before=\startENUM,after=\stopENUM]

\definebuffer[Entity][before=\startENUM,after=\stopENUM]

\startEntity
\stopEntity

\getEntity

or

\def\startEntity
   {\dostartbuffer[Entity][startEntity][stopEntity]}

\def\stopEntity
   {\startENUM
    \getbuffer[Entity]
    \stopENUM}

Wolfgang

* Re: Real help on \dostartbuffer needed
@ 2010-04-28  9:12       ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-28  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Damned, I didn't saw it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 09:55 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 27.04.10 15:20, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
> > This time, it is not working, and I do not have any idea why.
> >
> > \defineenumeration[ENUM][]
> > \definebuffer[Entity,before=\startENUM,after=\stopENUM]
> >
> \definebuffer[Entity][before=\startENUM,after=\stopENUM]
>
> \startEntity
> \stopEntity
>
> \getEntity
>
> or
>
> \def\startEntity
>    {\dostartbuffer[Entity][startEntity][stopEntity]}
>
> \def\stopEntity
>    {\startENUM
>     \getbuffer[Entity]
>     \stopENUM}
>
> Wolfgang

Antoine Cailliau
UCLouvain Student
Computer Sciences (Software engineering)