* Re: German interface
@ 2003-05-18 20:35 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2003-05-18 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=Default, Size: 1014 bytes --]

Hallo!

> \enableregime, \mainlanguage, \setupencoding are English
> commands; texexec is smart enough to detect this, and therefore
> uses the English interface;

Obviously this autodetectroutine is checking only the präambel.

>  if you want to use the German one,
> use the German corresponding command: \hauptsprache instead of
> \mainlanguage. Or, as the first line of the file put:

That means, that the aktual setting in 'texexec.ini' is of no practical
use, isn't it?

> % interface=de

And than texexec forgets its smartness?

The whole thing costs me a lot of time. I installed context with
'UserInterface de' without a real idea
what it means. I didn't know if it brings me german messages or an german
interface. Then I forgot
this setting and used english statements. All worked well, until I wrote a
little testfile, without präambel,
and tex complains about \chapter{}. It was very strange!

May be, a warning message would be helpfull, say 'UserInterface doesn't
match initial setting!'

Wolfgang

* Re[2]: German interface
@ 2003-05-18 21:03 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-05-18 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, May 18, 2003 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:

WWL> Hallo!

>> \enableregime, \mainlanguage, \setupencoding are English
>> commands; texexec is smart enough to detect this, and therefore
>> uses the English interface;

WWL> Obviously this autodetectroutine is checking only the präambel.

I think so, yes.

>>  if you want to use the German one,
>> use the German corresponding command: \hauptsprache instead of
>> \mainlanguage. Or, as the first line of the file put:

WWL> That means, that the aktual setting in 'texexec.ini' is of no practical
WWL> use, isn't it?

That's the default unless something different is detected.

>> % interface=de

WWL> And than texexec forgets its smartness?

That's part of the texexec smartness :) There are other
settings which can be put there.

WWL> The whole thing costs me a lot of time. I installed context with
WWL> 'UserInterface de' without a real idea
WWL> what it means. I didn't know if it brings me german messages or an german
WWL> interface. Then I forgot
WWL> this setting and used english statements. All worked well, until I wrote a
WWL> little testfile, without präambel,
WWL> and tex complains about \chapter{}. It was very strange!

WWL> May be, a warning message would be helpfull, say 'UserInterface doesn't
WWL> match initial setting!'

I'll leave this to Hans :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: German interface
@ 2003-05-20  7:02 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-05-20  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The whole thing costs me a lot of time. I installed context with
> 'UserInterface de' without a real idea
> what it means. I didn't know if it brings me german messages or an
> german
> interface. Then I forgot
> this setting and used english statements. All worked well, until I
> wrote a
> little testfile, without präambel,
> and tex complains about \chapter{}. It was very strange!

I would forget about the german interface.
Some translations are wrong or misspelled, a lot of other
no good german. The english one (and the dutch) is much better
(and you don't need to translate your code if something
doesn't work and you'd like to ask on the list).

If you like to get german messages, you must make your
formats with "--response=de", that translates most messages
of ConTeXt, but not of TeX.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/