* stoppers in section heading without having stoppers in references?
@ 2013-04-19  3:16 Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2013-04-19  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In MkIV, is there a way to get a stopper (e.g. ".") in the section
heading, along the lines of "1. First heading" but without a reference
to it having the stopper?  Thus, the reference should be just "In
Chapter 1 we learn", not "In Chapter 1. we learn"?

I have tried many variants of the following minimal example:

 \setuphead[chapter][sectionstopper=.]
 \definereferenceformat [inchapter] [text={Chapter~}]

 \starttext
 \chapter[one]{First heading}

 \input knuth

 \inchapter[one] we learn.

 \stoptext

-Sanjoy

* Re: stoppers in section heading without having stoppers in references?
@ 2013-04-19  4:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-19  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.04.2013 um 05:16 schrieb Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy@olin.edu>:

> In MkIV, is there a way to get a stopper (e.g. ".") in the section
> heading, along the lines of "1. First heading" but without a reference
> to it having the stopper?  Thus, the reference should be just "In
> Chapter 1 we learn", not "In Chapter 1. we learn"?
>
> I have tried many variants of the following minimal example:
>
> \setuphead[chapter][sectionstopper=.]
> \definereferenceformat [inchapter] [text={Chapter~}]
>
> \starttext
> \chapter[one]{First heading}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \inchapter[one] we learn.
>
> \stoptext

\defineprocessor[dostopper][right=.]
\defineprocessor[nostopper][right=]

\defineconversionset[stopperconversionyes][][dostopper->n]
\defineconversionset[stopperconversionnop][][nostopper->n]

\setuphead[chapter][sectionconversionset=stopperconversionyes]

%\setupreferencestructureprefix[chapter][default][prefixconversionset=stopperconversionnop]
\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixconversionset=stopperconversionnop]

\starttext

\chapter[one]{First heading}

\input knuth

In \in{Chapter}[one] we learn.

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: stoppers in section heading without having stoppers in references?
@ 2013-04-20 13:24   ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2013-04-20 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you, that worked perfectly -- now wikified on the References page.

-Sanjoy