* inconsistent TABLE and figure top-placement
@ 2008-12-11 12:28 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-12-11 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just go mad with a grid based document that contains several
naturalTABLEs and figures.

When I want to place those at the top of the page, their top edge is
sometimes higher, sometimes lower than expected.
Experimenting with different figure height (and different heights of
the first row of the tables) showed that these values move the float
up or down!!

The result looks very bad (jumping up, jumping down) ...

Thus, two urgent questions:

1)
How can I force that the top edge is always exactly (!) at the same
vertical position, same for ALL tables and figures?

2)
If  1) is impossible:
How can I manually move a textwidth table/figure the should be placed
"top" a little bit vertically (like +/- 2pt)?

Thanks,

Steffen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-12-11 12:28 UTC | newest]