Am Montag, den 09.05.2011, 16:47 -0400 schrieb Aditya Mahajan: > On Wed, 4 May 2011, Hans Hagen wrote: > > > On 4-5-2011 12:52, Paul Menzel wrote: > > > >> I think the question is the following. Does ConTeXt want to define all > >> commands amstex/amsmath defines? > > > > You need to convince Aditya then as he has to make up that list. > > I think that ConTeXt should be feature compatible with amstex; not > necessarily syntax compatible. Although syntax compatibility eases the > translation of old amstex documents to ConTeXt, it is not a good long > term solution. > > So, the question remains, is this feature (changing the meaning of > \dotsb etc) by authors? s/by/needed by/? If it takes more than 10 minutes to implement or increases the maintenance burden, I can live without it. > If so, we can add an option to \setupmathematics or a dedicated > \setupdots (or something similar) command. That sounds like a feasible solution. Thanks, Paul