On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 19:37 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > When sources are updated and if everything is set up properly, you > only need to run a single command from terminal (at the end you need > to provide svn password unless you configure svn to store it for you). > It takes about 10 minutes to finish compilation, but it only takes > processor time, no work for you. You can also set up a cron job to run > each night in which case there will be absolutely zero work for you > unless compilation fails. > > What is more important is not to abandone the work once you start it. > It makes little to no sense to provide binaries if you happen to, say, > not have time to update the binaries for a month. > > You can try > svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries > > Try to run bin_update_src.sh and try to build luatex and metapost (you > can also run bin_buid.sh, but then you need to patch platform.sh > first). Usually you just hit "do_all.sh". > > > > However the first required step is to build TeX Live sources. See > http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html > > The deadline for release of TeX Line 2011 is end of June. It would be > most helpful for me if TeX Live's SVN could include binaries. Updating > TeX Live binaries is only done once per year and you might need to > repeat that two or three times within a month (when bugs are > discovered). > > Can you please try if you can build the successfully? > > Mojca Hey Mojca, I think you raise some good points and this would be a useful contribution to the project. I think the easiest thing to do would be if I just give you a shell account on a MIPS64 machine and you can run this yourself, if you like. I haven't much time. If that is ok with you, please email me off the list. Take care, -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com