On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 21:51 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > it's mostly an image format (efficient storage of scanned documents) and > in that sense it's an alternative (jbig2 is another candidate) > > Hans That's what I was thinking too at first, that's it's mostly for scanned documents. But since it is trying to be a replacement for PDF and it has most of the same features, I think it's more than just that now. -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com