On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 14:23 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote: > Dear gang, > > As some of you may know, I'm working on a professional introductory book > for learning ConTeXt. Part of the philosophy of this book is to be as > self-contained as possible, so we'll be using a preferred editor. Hey Idris. I think writing a book is a great idea and much needed. I don't believe that tying it to a specific editor though is neither necessary nor a good idea. > Not one editor/ide out there is ideal for ConTeXt (including bidi editing > and other user-friendly configurability). The best balance I could find is > Notepad++ (Npp), and that's what I'm going with. The problem with Npp is that the tens of millions of users out there running operating systems like Ubuntu will not be able to use Notepad++ since it is written only for Windows. It might be better to decouple the editor from the information on ConTeXt itself and perhaps offer editor specific integration information in an appendix. You'll find that Gedit, for instance, is very easy to write syntax highlighting for. Take care, -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com