On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 11:44 +0900, Vladimir Lomov wrote: > Actually Vladimir, Vlad is usually used as short for Vladislav. Except in the case of my buddy Vlad(imir) here in Vancouver ;) > >> (not an expert, just read command reference) > >>> (1) What is the difference between \definedescription and > >>> \setupdescriptions? > >> the first should define new "description", the second change style of > >> already defined "description". > > > Ah, so \setupdescriptions inherits the default values of > > \definedescription? > > I suppose no, '\define...', eh-m, defines a command while '\setup...', eh-m, > sets up its 'style'. When one defines a command one could set its > custom 'style' instead of default. > > Consider the following example: > > \starttext > > \definedescription[definition] Why is this above command necessary? Why can one not simply begin with the next one, \definition{Hi}? > \definition{Hi} This is first definition. > May be because this is an example? I would say that ConTeX User Manual > shows different commands from context itself and how one could define > custom commands. The '\definition' is one them. ??? > I don't know but reading manuals (context and latex ones), wiki and etc > somehow convince me that 'head' relates with section heading (styling), > for the rest there are '\setup...' commands and 'headstyle' key (not > always, of course), may be that's why I always consult reference on wiki > and sometimes source code. It's kind of inconsistent that it isn't using a \setuphead, but I suppose it doesn't matter now as I got the desired effect =) Thanks Vladimir =) -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com