On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 23:58 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > When you define a new command with \definedescription, e.g. \definedescription[definition] you get the commands > > \definition > > and > > \startdefinition > > Both are only shortcuts for \dodescription[definition] and \dostartdescription[definition], as you can see the internal command tells context that it’s dealing with a description and “definition” is only the name of the instance. > > Wolfgang I guess my confusion is why do you need to call \definedescription when you just want a \definition to typeset? Shouldn't the command already be available? -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com