On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 19:25 -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote: > Do you have to use textbackground (assuming, of course, that you are using > MkIV)? I think so. I can't remember why, but someone on the list probably made a compelling argument for its use. > The main advantage of textbackground is that they adapt to pararagraph > shapes (if you use things like \startplacefigure[location=left] ... > \stopplacefigure), and can be nested. Yes, which I may require from time to time. Why doesn't the bottomoffset and topoffset variables do anything in a textbackground? -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com