* Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-07  5:42 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-02-07  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey folks,

I am familiar with the \completecontent command, but was wondering if
there is a way to also typeset just a summary of the table of contents
(e.g. just chapters and no sections, sub sections, etc.)?

I've also noticed that all of the colours in my table of contents appear
to be the same. I don't know if it has always been this way or if it is
a recent bug or something has changed in ConTeXt. Regardless, I wonder
if someone could tell me how to customize the colours of the various
parts of the table of contents, such as the chapter/section number, the
name, and the page number it starts on.

Thank you,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-07  6:35 ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2012-02-07  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon 06 Feb 2012, Kip Warner wrote:

> I am familiar with the \completecontent command, but was wondering if
> there is a way to also typeset just a summary of the table of contents
> (e.g. just chapters and no sections, sub sections, etc.)?

\placelist[chapter] should do it (untested).

Pont

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-07  7:36 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-02-07  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-02-06 Kip Warner <kip@thevertigo.com> wrote:

> I am familiar with the \completecontent command, but was wondering
> if there is a  way to also typeset just a summary  of the table of
> contents (e.g. just chapters and no sections, sub sections, etc.)?

\placelist [chapter]

> I've also noticed that all of  the colours in my table of contents
> appear to be the same. I don't know if it has always been this way
> or if it is a recent bug or something has changed in ConTeXt.

I  don't quite  understand. By  default  the colour  is black.  When
interaction is activated the links are green.

> Regardless, I wonder if someone could tell me how to customize the
> colours of the various parts of the table of contents, such as the
> chapter/section number,  the name, and  the page number  it starts
> on.

\setuplist [chapter] [color=yellow, pagecolor=green]
\setuplist [section] [color=blue,   numbercolor=red]

Marco

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-08  1:50   ` Kip Warner
       [not found]     ` <20120208111847.3454c928@homerow>
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-02-08  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 08:36 +0100, Marco wrote:
> \setuplist [chapter] [color=yellow, pagecolor=green]
> \setuplist [section] [color=blue,   numbercolor=red]

Thanks Marco. Where can I find a list of the parameters relevant to
chapter, section, and subsection for \setuplist?

--

@ 2012-02-08  1:51   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-02-08  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 19:35 +1300, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
> \placelist[chapter] should do it (untested).

Thanks Pont. =)

--

@ 2012-02-08  2:15   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-02-08  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 19:35 +1300, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
> \placelist[chapter] should do it (untested).

One other thing, Pont. How do I add a title such as Contents at a
Glance without the actual table of contents including that in the list
it generates?

--

@ 2012-02-08  3:53     ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2012-02-08  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue 07 Feb 2012, Kip Warner wrote:

> One other thing, Pont. How do I add a title such as Contents at a
> Glance without the actual table of contents including that in the
> list it generates?

Sorry, don't know about this -- I've never needed it, and I a google
of the contextgarden hasn't turned anything up. I have a feeling
that there should be an argument for \chapter or \section that does
this, but I can't find the relevant documentation.

Pont

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-08  5:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-02-08  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.02.2012 um 03:15 schrieb Kip Warner:

> On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 19:35 +1300, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
>> \placelist[chapter] should do it (untested).
>
> One other thing, Pont. How do I add a title such as Contents at a
> Glance without the actual table of contents including that in the list
> it generates?

Use a unnumbered heading like \title, e.g.

\title{Table of contents}

\placelist[chapter,section]

…

Wolfgang

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-08 10:17     ` Marco
       [not found]     ` <20120208111847.3454c928@homerow>
From: Marco @ 2012-02-08 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-02-07 Kip Warner <kip@thevertigo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 08:36 +0100, Marco wrote:
> > \setuplist [chapter] [color=yellow, pagecolor=green]
> > \setuplist [section] [color=blue,   numbercolor=red]
>
> Thanks Marco. Where can I find a list of the parameters relevant
> to chapter, section, and subsection for \setuplist?

Since they are all implemented using the lists mechanism, all
parameters of the lists apply. See the manual
(http://pmrb.free.fr/contextref.pdf), chapter 12.1 or the wiki. But
you're right, neither pagecolor nor numbercolor are mentioned.
However, pagestyle and numberstyle are listed. The …style and …color
commands always (somebody correct me if there are exceptions) come
in pairs. That means you can be almost certain that if a color
command works, also a style command will work and vice versa.

Marco

* Re: Questions on Table of Contents
@ 2012-02-09  0:46       ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-02-09  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 06:38 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 08.02.2012 um 03:15 schrieb Kip Warner:
>
> > On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 19:35 +1300, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
> >> \placelist[chapter] should do it (untested).
> >
> > One other thing, Pont. How do I add a title such as Contents at a
> > Glance without the actual table of contents including that in the list
> > it generates?
>
> Use a unnumbered heading like \title, e.g.
>
> \title{Table of contents}
>
> \placelist[chapter,section]

Thanks Wolfgang and Pont.

--