On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 11:29 -0500, William Adams wrote: > With a graphical tool, one is limited to the automation which the developers are willing to build into the tool and sentenced to handling manually _everything_ else, _every_ time that there's a change, e.g., if you have a keyword block on your opening article pages aligned against the outside gutter and the layout program can't place it automatically and contextually, then _every_ time the article changes from opening to a left to a right or vice-versa one has to make that change manually. > > I wrote up a longer comparison once upon a time --- Scribus isn't that much different from InDesign and Quark, so the criticism holds: > > While I'm no TeX wizard, I prefer it because it allows one to off-load > some of the tedium and repetitiveness to the computer, as opposed to > repeatedly solving variations of the same problems by hand time after > time after time. > > So, Great comparison and I just realized its already on the wiki. =) -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com