* Footnotes gone
@ 2012-03-06  1:28 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-03-06  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey list,

For the first time in several months, today's nightly build actually
managed to digest my book without crashing or bailing. I'm using
2012.03.05.

There is one thing I noticed though and that is all of my footnotes are
now invisible. The number next to them is visible, but the text itself
is black on black (my page colour is black).

I am preparing my footnotes as such:
\definecolor[colour_page][r=0,g=0,b=0]
\definecolor[colour_text][r=0.754,g=0.516,b=0.324]
\definecolor[colour_footnote_background][colour_page]
\definecolor[colour_footnote_text][colour_text]

\setupfootnotes
  [color=colour_footnote_text,
   backgroundcolor=colour_footnote_background]

This was working in previous builds, but it could be someone changed the
method to alter the footnote text's colour.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* Re: Footnotes gone
@ 2012-03-06  8:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-06  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6-3-2012 02:28, Kip Warner wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> For the first time in several months, today's nightly build actually
> managed to digest my book without crashing or bailing. I'm using
> 2012.03.05.
>
> There is one thing I noticed though and that is all of my footnotes are
> now invisible. The number next to them is visible, but the text itself
> is black on black (my page colour is black).
>
> I am preparing my footnotes as such:
> \definecolor[colour_page][r=0,g=0,b=0]
> \definecolor[colour_text][r=0.754,g=0.516,b=0.324]
> \definecolor[colour_footnote_background][colour_page]
> \definecolor[colour_footnote_text][colour_text]
>
> \setupfootnotes
>    [color=colour_footnote_text,
>     backgroundcolor=colour_footnote_background]
>
> This was working in previous builds, but it could be someone changed the
> method to alter the footnote text's colour.

you forgot to include the minimal example

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Footnotes gone
@ 2012-03-06  9:47 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-06  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.03.2012 um 02:28 schrieb Kip Warner:

> Hey list,
>
> For the first time in several months, today's nightly build actually
> managed to digest my book without crashing or bailing. I'm using
> 2012.03.05.
>
> There is one thing I noticed though and that is all of my footnotes are
> now invisible. The number next to them is visible, but the text itself
> is black on black (my page colour is black).
>
> I am preparing my footnotes as such:
> \definecolor[colour_page][r=0,g=0,b=0]
> \definecolor[colour_text][r=0.754,g=0.516,b=0.324]
> \definecolor[colour_footnote_background][colour_page]
> \definecolor[colour_footnote_text][colour_text]
>
> \setupfootnotes
>  [color=colour_footnote_text,
>   backgroundcolor=colour_footnote_background]
>
> This was working in previous builds, but it could be someone changed the
> method to alter the footnote text's color.

The style, color etc. of the footnote text can be changed with the \setupnotation
(in older versions \setupnotedefinition) command, the \setupnote (or \setupfootnotes)
command controls only general settings like the rule or the space before
the footnote block and the style and color of the number in the running text.

Wolfgang

* Re: Footnotes gone
@ 2012-03-06 23:15   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-03-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

    [
     color=colour_footnote_text,
     backgroundcolor=colour_footnote_background
    ]

\starttext
This is some text with a footnote on the end.\footnote{And here is the
footnote.}

\stoptext

It seems to ignore the colour of the footnote's text and just sets it as
black. I also can't figure out how to set the colour of the footnote
number.

--

@ 2012-03-06 23:31   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-03-06 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)