On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 21:39 +0100, luigi scarso wrote: > When TeX says > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [token memory size=<...>] > it is its graceful way to exit from an irreversible situation. > It can be caused by luatex or ConTeXt mkiv > but it's *not* a segmentation fault, as you said early: > >Actually highly probably, since the seg fault is raised in luatex and > >not context. Even if context is feeding it malformed input, luatex > >should not ever crash. > Only luatex can do a segmentation fault -- of course due a tex macro > /lua function possibly called from ConTeXt. > What happen for me (linux ubuntu 10lts 32bit) and Hans (windows (7 > professional 64bit ?) ) is a "TeX capacity exceeded," , not a seg. > fault, and sometime happen if one calls a macro in a wrong way. > So, do you have a segmentation fault or a TeX capacity exceeded on you > linux 64bit box ? As I said earlier, I get a segmentation fault if I leave it to run, but I always have to kill it before it takes down the entire operating system with it (apparently this is normal). I don't get the TeX capacity exceeded error message, as you saw from my earlier console output. -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com