On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 13:20 -0400, Matthias Weber wrote: > Dear All, > > as the proud owner of one of these tablet thingies I am trying to make it as TeX-friendly as possible. Because the chances > of running TeX on it are slim, I've been looking at alternatives. The major goal would be to be able to create a > presentation in ConTeXt on a tablet. For LaTeX, there is a cloud based services called ScribTeX, > which allows you to store (in the free version) up to three projects with up to 50MB space in the cloud, and have it LaTeXed. > As their cloud can be accessed via an App, you can edit the files on your tablet, send them to the cloud, have them TeXed, and > download the pdf. > > I am tempted to contact the ScribTeX people and ask them to suport ConTeXt as well, but as I am just a little user and wouldn't have > a clue about legalities, technicalities, etc, I thought I might ask here first. > > Thanks! > > > Matthias Hey Matthias, It sounds like all you are trying to do is host a file on a server, but the consumer lexicon may be confusing you. I recommend these two links: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#CloudComputing https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html Best of luck and take care, -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com