Hey list, The following minimal seems to identify a problem with making the frame border's of text backgrounds vanish. \definetextbackground[ExampleFrame] [frame=on] \definetyping [Example] [before=\startExampleFrame, after=\stopExampleFrame] % To move footnotes inside of text boxes to the bottom of the page with % the rest of the footnotes. When uncommented, kills frame... \kindofpagetextareas\plusone \starttext \startExample Some text \stopExample \stoptext If you comment out the \kindofpagetextareas\plusone line, it works fine. Is this the expected behaviour? I am using it at the suggestion of Hans to help mitigate a problem with footnotes inside of text boxes. http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20111222.082458.06567594.en.html I am using ConTeXt version 2012.03.30 16:16. -- Kip Warner -- Software Engineer OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred http://www.thevertigo.com