* TABLE not splitting across page boundary
@ 2012-04-02  5:41 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-04-02  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey list,

I am having difficulty getting my table to split across page boundaries.
It doesn't have, nor need, headers, but just individual unrelated rows.
Here is a minimal illustrating the problem I am having:

\starttext
Here is some text.
\placetable[force,nonumber,right]{}
{
    \bTABLE[width=0.25\textwidth,split=yes]
    \setupTABLE[column][1]
        [align={middle,lohi},
         style=\bfxx,
         width=2.3cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][2]
        [align=flushleft,
         option=stretch]
    \setupTABLE[each][each]
        [style=\tfxx]

    \bTABLEbody

        \dorecurse{100}{
            \bTR
              \bTC  body \eTC
              \bTC  body \eTC
            \eTR
        }

    \eTABLEbody

    \eTABLE
}

\stoptext

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* Re: TABLE not splitting across page boundary
@ 2012-04-02 10:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-04-02 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2-4-2012 07:41, Kip Warner wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I am having difficulty getting my table to split across page boundaries.
> It doesn't have, nor need, headers, but just individual unrelated rows.
> Here is a minimal illustrating the problem I am having:
>
> \starttext
> Here is some text.
> \placetable[force,nonumber,right]{}

\placetable[force,nonumber,right,split]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-04-03  0:13   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-04-03  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 12:54 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> \placetable[force,nonumber,right,split]

Thanks Hans. That works for splitting the table, but text no longer
wraps around it properly anymore. The table is aligned on the right side
of the page, and splits at a page boundary as requested, but the rest of
the page is blank on its left with body text only above and below it.

\input knuth

\placetable[nonumber,right,split,4*hang]{}
{
    \bTABLE[width=0.25\textwidth]
    \setupTABLE[column][1]
        [align={middle,lohi},
         background=color,
         backgroundcolor=colour_table_row_even,
         style=\bfxx,
         width=2.3cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][2]
        [align=flushleft,
         option=stretch,
         background=color,
         backgroundcolor=colour_table_row_odd]
    \setupTABLE[each][each]
        [style=\tfxx]

    \bTABLEbody

        \bTR
            \bTC Stuff \eTC
            \bTC Stuff \eTC
        \eTR

    \eTABLEbody

\eTABLE
}

\input knuth

--

@ 2012-04-03  8:16     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-04-03  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-4-2012 02:13, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 12:54 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> \placetable[force,nonumber,right,split]
>
> Thanks Hans. That works for splitting the table, but text no longer
> wraps around it properly anymore. The table is aligned on the right side
> of the page, and splits at a page boundary as requested, but the rest of
> the page is blank on its left with body text only above and below it.

indeed. that kind of wrapping does not work for successive (split) floats

> \input knuth
>
> \placetable[nonumber,right,split,4*hang]{}
> {
>      \bTABLE[width=0.25\textwidth]
>      \setupTABLE[column][1]
>          [align={middle,lohi},