* Page Backgrounds
@ 2012-07-09  2:47 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2012-07-09  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey list,

On the cover page of my book I'd like just an image displayed and
another image used as the background for every other page in the book.
So I put this in my environment,

    % Cover image...
    \definelayer
        [CoverImage]
        [x=0mm, y=0mm,
         \paperwidth,
         \paperheight]
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

    \setlayer
        [CoverImage]	% name of the layer
        {\externalfigure
            [Makeup/Images/Cover.jpg]
            [align=center,
             \paperwidth,
             \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

    % Regular background image...
    \definelayer
        [BackgroundImage]
        [x=0mm, y=0mm,
         \paperwidth,
         \paperheight,
         repeat=yes]

    \setlayer
        [BackgroundImage]	% name of the layer
        {\externalfigure
            [Makeup/Images/Background.png]
            [align=center,
             \paperwidth,
             \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

, the following in the book's first page,

    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

, and the following on second page,

    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=BackgroundImage]

. But this does not work properly. What ends up happening is the cover
image is displayed correctly, but every page after that just has a blank
white background.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* page backgrounds
@ 2007-11-13 10:26 olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2007-11-13 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi everybody,
I try to draw several metapost page backgrounds (code found at
http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/poulecl/divers/papiers/ ) for manual
sketchs on A4 paper.
Obviously, it does'nt work, and I don't know why.
TIA for any answers.
Not so short examples are attached.

--
olivier Turlier
CRP La Rouguière

[-- Attachment #2: pb-mp-bkgrd.zip --]
[-- Type: application/x-zip, Size: 2877 bytes --]

* Re: page backgrounds
@ 2003-11-17 15:11 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2003-11-17 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick, Otared, Adam,

thanks for looking into this. Adam's solutions works, wonderful!! Now
I'll be able to have lots of "annoying texts" as watermarks. But those
were a lot of changes to config files. Though I feel confident on the
command line, I must admit I never bothered to look into minstall.pdf;
I figured I had a working installation. Adam, you're definitely right:
it would be nice if we could have gwtex's standards set to something
more useful!

Thanks everybody, another satisfied customer!

Thomas

* Re: Re: page backgrounds
@ 2003-11-17 13:09 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2003-11-17 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 10:59  AM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> make sure \protectbufferstrue is set in cont-sys.tex

Thanks, Patrick. \protectbufferstrue is uncommented (I guess that's the
default, isn't it?). Does the btex...etex work on your box? Could
anyone running Mac OS X (10.2 for the time being) verify if it works on
their systems?

Best

Thomas

* Re: reset \use[sub]path
@ 2003-11-03 21:05 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-03 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 20:12 03/11/2003, you wrote:

>In other words, how to reset settings from \usepath and \usesubpath
>commands? And how to do the same for externalfigures?

\usesubpath[reset]

Hans