* correspondence: Wrong version string in module?
@ 2012-08-25  9:28 Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2012-08-25  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Wolfgang,

looking at the version string of the a module `letter-imp-knuth.mkiv` I
think the version string is incorrect.

        correspondence $ more files/letter-imp-knuth.mkiv
        %D \module
        %D   [     file=letter-imp-knuth,
        %D      version=2012.12.26,
        %D        title=\CONTEXT\ User Module,
        %D     subtitle=Knuth letter style,
        %D       author=Wolfgang Schuster,
        %D         date=\currentdate,
        %D    copyright=Wolfgang Schuster,
        %D      license=GNU General Public License]
        […]

I guess the date is used and this is from the future.

Thanks,

Paul

* Re: correspondence: Wrong version string in module?
@ 2012-08-25 11:05 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-08-25 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>         correspondence $ more files/letter-imp-knuth.mkiv
>         %D \module
>         %D   [     file=letter-imp-knuth,
>         %D      version=2012.12.26,
>         […]
>
> I guess the date is used and this is from the future.

Y'know, Hans and Wolfgang having time travel powers would explain an
awful lot. The inhuman speed of development ... the instantaneous
answers ... and that haunting feeling, impossible but inescapable,
that ConTeXt is "bigger on the inside".

--Sietse

* Re: correspondence: Wrong version string in module?
@ 2012-08-25 12:22   ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2012-08-25 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am Samstag, den 25.08.2012, 13:05 +0200 schrieb Sietse Brouwer:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> >         correspondence $ more files/letter-imp-knuth.mkiv
> >         %D \module
> >         %D   [     file=letter-imp-knuth,
> >         %D      version=2012.12.26,
> >         […]
> >
> > I guess the date is used and this is from the future.
>
> Y'know, Hans and Wolfgang having time travel powers would explain an
> awful lot.

Did not think of that. But now that you mention this, this sounds
reasonable. ;-)

> The inhuman speed of development ... the instantaneous
> answers ... and that haunting feeling, impossible but inescapable,
> that ConTeXt is "bigger on the inside".

Thanks,

Paul

PS: So, Wolfgang, please share the lotto numbers for the time until
December with me. ;-)

* Re: correspondence: Wrong version string in module?
@ 2012-08-25 16:50   ` Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-08-25 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 08/25/2012 07:05 AM, Sietse Brouwer wrote:

> Y'know, Hans and Wolfgang having time travel powers would explain an
> awful lot. The inhuman speed of development ... the instantaneous
> answers ... and that haunting feeling, impossible but inescapable,
> that ConTeXt is "bigger on the inside".
>
> --Sietse
Probably only the tip of the iceberg of what they are giving us for
Christmas. :)

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA

* Re: correspondence: Wrong version string in module?
@ 2012-08-26  5:37 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-08-26  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.08.2012 um 11:28 schrieb Paul Menzel <paulepanter@users.sourceforge.net>:

> Dear Wolfgang,
>

> looking at the version string of the a module `letter-imp-knuth.mkiv` I
> think the version string is incorrect.
>
>        correspondence $ more files/letter-imp-knuth.mkiv
>        %D \module
>        %D   [     file=letter-imp-knuth,
>        %D      version=2012.12.26,
>        %D        title=\CONTEXT\ User Module,
>        %D     subtitle=Knuth letter style,
>        %D       author=Wolfgang Schuster,
>        %D         date=\currentdate,
>        %D    copyright=Wolfgang Schuster,
>        %D      license=GNU General Public License]
>        […]
>
> I guess the date is used and this is from the future.

Fixed but it doesn’t matter what’s written there because the information
in this block is only used when you generate a PDF from the module source.

Wolfgang