From: Andreas Schneider <aksdb@gmx.de>
Subject: PDF Digital Signatures
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:27:19 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

since  ConTeXt  supports  form  fields  in  PDFs, I wonder whether the
fields  for  digital  signatures are available as well. If not, please
consider this a feature request/wish :-)

I  received an internal document some time ago that represented a form
and  was  separated into three parts. Part one was to be filled out by
the employee (in this case: me). Under this part was a signature field
I   could   click  which  made  Adobe  Reader  prompt  for  a  digital
certificate. After I selected that, information about this certificate
appeared  inside that form field I just clicked. The other form fields
were  automatically  locked  afterwards. If I wanted to change them, I
would have to remove my signature.

Parts  two  and  three  were  similar,  but meant for management. They
needed to sign my request which in turn locked their edit fields.

So  in other words: I would like to create such forms with ConTeXt :-)
I  hate  these  work flows where people are told to "print out form x,
sign  it  and send the scanned copy via email" instead of just signing
it digitally.

It  would also come in handy for technical and business documents that
need  to be signed by the customer (for example an Interface Document,
System Design, Use Case, whatever).

I  hope  that  is  not completely out of scope for ConTeXt and not too
hard  to  implement.  Otherwise I guess I won't see that feature for a
long time.

Thanks anyway; at least for reading this :-)

--
Best Regards,
Andreas