* Context to RTF :-/
@ 2010-09-07 19:40 Florian Baudach
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Florian Baudach @ 2010-09-07 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

is there any practical solution to convert a context-document into a
rtf-document? (Unfortunately I must send my  documents to word users :-(  )

I do not need a perfect rtf file. It would be sufficient if the footnotes
and headings would be tranformed. (Layout / Tabells etc are not so
important)

I've read the FAQ and I know there is no tool like latex2rtf.  In 2005 (five
years ago) there was a approach to the problem on the mailing list, which
suggest to write the document in xml and the produce on pdf and one html
file. Is this a practical solution or is it, if you have absolute no idea
about xml like me, a to time consuming approach?

I've also tried some free pdftortf tools, but so far the results were
disillusioning :-(.

I am open for any suggestions ;-).

Greetings
FloMo

* Re: Context to RTF :-/
@ 2010-09-07 20:04 ` Salil Sayed
From: Salil Sayed @ 2010-09-07 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

This tool seems to be doing that job, though I have never used it.
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn-commands.html
is there any practical solution to convert a context-document into a rtf-document? (Unfortunately I must send my  documents to word users :-(  )
I do not need a perfect rtf file. It would be sufficient if the footnotes and headings would be tranformed. (Layout / Tabells etc are not so important)

I've read the FAQ and I know there is no tool like latex2rtf.  In 2005 (five years ago) there was a approach to the problem on the mailing list, which suggest to write the document in xml and the produce on pdf and one html file. Is this a practical solution or is it, if you have absolute no idea about xml like me, a to time consuming approach?

I've also tried some free pdftortf tools, but so far the results were disillusioning :-(.
I am open for any suggestions ;-).
Greetings
FloMo

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

* Re: Context to RTF :-/
@ 2010-09-07 20:05 ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-09-07 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 09:40:23PM +0200, Florian Baudach wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any practical solution to convert a context-document into a
> rtf-document? (Unfortunately I must send my  documents to word users :-(  )
>
> I do not need a perfect rtf file. It would be sufficient if the footnotes and
> headings would be tranformed. (Layout / Tabells etc are not so important)
>
> I've read the FAQ and I know there is no tool like latex2rtf.  In 2005 (five
> years ago) there was a approach to the problem on the mailing list, which
> suggest to write the document in xml and the produce on pdf and one html file.
> Is this a practical solution or is it, if you have absolute no idea about xml
> like me, a to time consuming approach?
>
> I've also tried some free pdftortf tools, but so far the results were
> disillusioning :-(.
>
> I am open for any suggestions ;-).

You can try other starting formats like markdown instead of xml, but
AFAIK there is no reliable TeX to anything conversion tools, all are
hacks with different degrees of complexity. I'm not sure what is wrong
with just sending them PDFs, if the text is to be edited, than how RTF
will work bidirectionally?

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Context to RTF :-/
@ 2010-09-07 21:47 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-09-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-09-07 um 21:40 schrieb Florian Baudach:

> Hi,
> is there any practical solution to convert a context-document into a
> rtf-document? (Unfortunately I must send my  documents to word
> users :-(  )
>
> I do not need a perfect rtf file. It would be sufficient if the
> footnotes and headings would be tranformed. (Layout / Tabells etc
> are not so important)

Acrobat (Pro) can save PDF contents as RTF (not good, but perhaps
enough), maybe other PDF tools can, too?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/