* simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-16 17:18 Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2012-11-16 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've encountered another simpleslides problem, which can probably be
chalked up to mkiv's "moving target" status.

Minimal example:

\usemodule[simpleslides]
\setupTitle[title=Hi]
\starttext
\placeTitle
\stoptext

Error with mkiv, ConTeXt 2012.11.14 11:37:

! Undefined control sequence.
{snip}
<argument> \??vars
                   :simpleslides:title:
\dousestylehashparameter #1#2->\ifcsname #1
                                           #2\endcsname \expandafter
\douses...
\dostartattributes ...estylehashparameter {#1}{#2}

\dousecolorhashparameter {...
\placeTitle ...pleslides:title:}\c!style \c!color

\simpleslidestitlecomponen...
l.4 \placeTitle

Cheers,
~~ Ondra

* Re: simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-17  8:04 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-11-17  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/16/2012 06:18 PM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've encountered another simpleslides problem, which can probably be
> chalked up to mkiv's "moving target" status.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \usemodule[simpleslides]
> \setupTitle[title=Hi]
> \starttext
> \placeTitle
> \stoptext

I can't reproduce this here; your test file compiles and produces the
expected output. Are you sure that you have installed the simpleslides
module and that it is loaded at runtime? Look into the log file, around
line 12:

(test.tex
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'simpleslides'
(../home/tas/texmf/tex/context/third/simpleslides/t-simpleslides.mkiv
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'default'
(../home/tas/texmf/tex/context/third/simpleslides/simpleslides-f-default.tex
simpleslides    > loading default font setup

Thomas

* Re: simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-17  8:21   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-11-17  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/17/2012 09:04 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> I can't reproduce this here; your test file compiles and produces the
> expected output.

Or wait: did you download the modules during the last three days? I may
have uploaded a wrong version; can you try again with the latest?

Thomas

* Re: simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-17 18:58     ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2012-11-17 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Or wait: did you download the modules during the last three days? I may have
> uploaded a wrong version; can you try again with the latest?

Just to be sure, I re-downloaded ConTeXt Standalone (it's now on
2012.11.16), unpacked the newest simpleslides from
modules.contextgarden.net in texmf-modules (overwriting the existing
files), and, compiling my minimal example, got the same error.

For what it's worth, I don't know how happy mkiv is with \doattributes
and \dostartattributes.

@ 2012-11-18  9:55       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-18  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.11.2012 um 19:58 schrieb Ondřej Hošek <ondra.hosek@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz
> <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>> Or wait: did you download the modules during the last three days? I may have
>> uploaded a wrong version; can you try again with the latest?
>
> Just to be sure, I re-downloaded ConTeXt Standalone (it's now on
> 2012.11.16), unpacked the newest simpleslides from
> modules.contextgarden.net in texmf-modules (overwriting the existing
> files), and, compiling my minimal example, got the same error.

I can confirm that the wiki still has the wrong version.

> For what it's worth, I don't know how happy mkiv is with \doattributes
> and \dostartattributes.

Both commands are still working but when you write new code use
the new macros from mult-aux.mkiv to set style and color values.

Wolfgang

* Re: simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-18 12:08       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-11-18 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/17/2012 07:58 PM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> Just to be sure, I re-downloaded ConTeXt Standalone (it's now on
> 2012.11.16), unpacked the newest simpleslides from
> modules.contextgarden.net in texmf-modules (overwriting the existing
> files), and, compiling my minimal example, got the same error.
>
> For what it's worth, I don't know how happy mkiv is with \doattributes
> and \dostartattributes.

Sorry, my bad - new revision, can you try again?

Thomas

* Re: simpleslides placeTitle undefined control sequence
@ 2012-11-18 17:31         ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2012-11-18 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Son, 2012-11-18 at 13:08 +0100, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Sorry, my bad - new revision, can you try again?

Thanks, that fixed it!

Cheers,
~~ Ondra