* Success Story - II
       [not found] <mailman.3084.1193338483.2346.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-10-25 19:30 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-10-25 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello

Happy to report that Luatex made my life easier once again.  :) I've made another test papers for my students, with varying problems, and it was possible only due to Lua emedded code. Examples:

  Perform logical AND, OR and XOR under the following pair of hexadecimal numbers:
  \startluacode
    n = math.random(10,255)
    m = math.random(10,255)
    tex.print(string.format("%X, %X", n, m))
  \stopluacode

  Encode your Name and Surname as a
  \startluacode
     a = {'null-terminated', 'dollar-terminated', 'Pascal'}
     tex.print( string.format('%s string.', a[math.random(1,3)]) );
  \stopluacode

Lucky, the discussion about Lua reference started in the list today, because I need more knowledge of Lua to make even more flexible assignments.

Best regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: Success Story - II
@ 2007-10-31 13:15   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-10-31 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/25/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Happy to report that Luatex made my life easier once again.  :) I've made another test papers for my students, with varying problems, and it was possible only due to Lua emedded code.
It's an important topic for.
Do you have some other examples, so I eventually collect them in my  wiki page?

--
luigi

* Re: Success Story - II
@ 2007-10-31 14:52     ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
       [not found]       ` <fe8d59da0710310918h6a60719bva1120d53edb47a8d@mail.gmail.com>
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-10-31 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: luigi scarso; +Cc: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello luigi,

Thanks for the interest.

I have provided the most prominent pieces of code already in this list. ;)

Where are your Wiki page?

--
Best regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

       [not found]         ` <1997183650.20071031221201@gmail.com>
@ 2007-11-01  4:31           ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-11-01  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/31/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello luigi,
>
> Thanks.
>
> I see that my 'examples' are not included yet, right?
hmm, if you are registered as user you can modify my page too, I believe.
I will put a new subject "Luatex  examples" , you can put your content under it.

> And, what do you mean by "I was not able to follow them"?
Too much busy at home and at work to keep track of your mail about this subject
in this mailing list :( .

At guit meeting this year
http://www.guit.sssup.it/GuITmeeting/2007/2007.en.php/
there was also a talk about TeX/LaTeX at school, see
12:00 - LaTeX nella Scuola Media Superiore: applicazioni didattiche con PSTricks
              Luciano Battaia, Liceo Scientifico Grigoletti, Pordenone
I eventually email Luciano about your luatex examples at school/university

--
luigi

* Re: Success Story - II
@ 2007-11-02  7:11     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-11-02  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky , examples are now at

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso#Luatex_examples

(more examples are welcome,of course)
luigi