* [OT] Book complete and thank you
@ 2013-12-10 22:42 Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2013-12-10 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friends,

I have completed my book typeset using ConTeXt[1]. I'd like to extend my
gratitude to this list for the many questions answered. In particular,
I'd like to thank in no particular order Hans Hagen, Luigi Scarso,
Wolfgang Schuster, Mojca Miklavec, and Taco Hoekwater. I'd also like to
thank Adam Reviczky for his help in preparing debs for ConTeXt.

        <https://www.avaneya.com/#!/content/downloads/handbook.html>

Without these peoples' help, it would have been more difficult to
develop my project.

Take care,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred

* Re: [OT] Book complete and thank you
@ 2013-12-11  8:13 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2013-12-11  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Very nice book! Thanks for sharing.
I would like just to point out that contrary to what is said on page 40, Pierre Verhulst was not a French mathematician but rather a Belgian mathematician who proposed a model of differential equations to describe population and resource dynamics , please see:

	http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Biographies/Verhulst.html

Best regards: OK

@ 2013-12-12 21:13   ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2013-12-12 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)