* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-17  9:25 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-02-17  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Jaroslav,

> Does anyone know how to fix it?
> I'm not ConTeXt expert and I'm not Windows expert too.

I don't know a reason, but ...

Very rare case:
c:\windows\system32
is erased from your PATH by an accident,
so cmd.exe cannot be found by luatex.

Please check the PATH variable on your system.

Thanks,
Akira

* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-17 13:55 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-02-17 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Jaroslav,

See your PATH carefully. For example I find a space between
C:\1da\support\batch;
and
C:\Ruby\bin;C:\Windows\system32
i.e.,
C:\1da\support\batch; C:\Ruby\bin;C:\Windows\system32

There are many such spaces which should be removed.

I think quotations such as
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ghostgum\gsview"
should be removed like
C:\Program Files (x86)\ghostgum\gsview

Best,
Akira

* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-17 13:21 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-02-17 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Jaroslav,

> I tested path settings, but it seems it is OK
> (c:\windows\system32 is in my PATH)

Sorry for my mistake.
Very difficult problem!!

% latex.tex
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\immediate\write18{echo "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"}
\end{document}

should print

... ...
No file latex.aux.
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
(./latex.aux) )
No pages of output.
Transcript written on latex.log.

for
pdflatex --shell-escape latex

Best,
Akira

* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-17 12:21 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-02-17 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> No file latex.aux.
> (./latex.aux) )
> No pages of output.

OK, as I said previously, c:\windows\system32 does not
exist in your PATH.

In your command prompt
echo "000"
will work, but
cmd /c echo "000"
will not work.

Please test in your command prompt

set PATH=c:\windows\system32;%PATH%
pdflatex --shell-escape latex

It should work perfectly.

After that, repair the PATH variable,
by reading the manual of OS, if you don't understand.

Thanks,
Akira

* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-17  7:04 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-02-17  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Jaroslav,

Here your lines

fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
test            > before calling shell command
test            > after calling shell command
close source    > 2 > 3 > C:/$~1da/ConTeXt/ConTeXt-Tests/my_way/ScanCSV/t-scancs...

are like

fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
close source    > 2 > 3 > C:/$~1da/ConTeXt/ConTeXt-Tests/my_way/ScanCSV/t-scancs...

(Windows 7, 32bit and Windows 8.1, 64bit)
(mtx-context     | current version: 2015.02.03 23:55)

Thanks,
Akira

* \executesystemcommand dont work?
@ 2015-02-16 11:41 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-02-16 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ConTeXist.
After a long time I tried to recompile ConTeXt file that contained the
\executesystemcommand. It seems to me that this command stopped working.
Can anyone confirm or refute this my perception?
I call \executesystemcommand to compiling another ConTeXt file from
running ConTeXt. I use Windows 7 and problem is under TeXlive 2014
version and Standalone version too.

Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is my minimal example:
When I compile maintestfile.tex, then I expect, that
compilebyexecutesystemcommand.pdf is created during compilation of
maintestfile.tex file.

I have two files.

First is "test.tex" name:

\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

And second is file maintestfile.tex:

\starttext
\executesystemcommand{context --result=compilebyexecutesystemcommand.pdf
test.tex}
\input knuth
\stoptext