From: Giuseppe Bilotta <bourbaki@bigfoot.com>
Cc: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>, cs@miktex.org, ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re[2]: Not all the way back
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:18:17 +0200	[thread overview]

Friday, August 24, 2001 David Arnold wrote:

DA> Well, to make a long story short, I cut texexec.ini, texexec.exe from
DA> \texmf\miktex\bin and put them back in \texmf\context\perltk (where I think
DA> they really belong) and voila! The tuo file is now loaded and I have my
DA> Table of Contents in my document. Hans, I hope you will comment on these
DA> musing by a non guru so that Christian can make a more stable Context
DA> installation as part of the general Miktex distribution. Can you explain
DA> why Miktex failed to find texutil. Does texutil have to be in the same
DA> directory as texexec.pl?

I think we could reach an agreement and let texexec config files
go (or be allowed to go) in the %texmf%/miktext/config folder.
Sounds pretty sensible to me. And of course, when multiple trees
are available, the order of search should be the same as standard
MiKTeX does. Can Hans work this out with Christian?

DA> for  miktex  set  TeXPassString     to --alias=context

I really wonder if the above is needed. Can someone really please
explain what the --alias command is used for?

I also add --terminal=oem, so that accented characters display
correctly. I decided *not* to pass the --src-special string as
well because there is a "bug" (not really a bug) in MiKTeX (any
version, AFAIK), so that pdf-variants of TeX don't ignore the
--src-specials. pdfTeX, when outputting PDF, echoes "Non-PDF
special ignored!" for each non-PDF special it meets. Which is
fine. But --src-specials *should* be ignored silenty (or, even
bettern, in PDF-production mode the --src-special flag should be
ignored).

DA> for  miktex  set  MpBatchFlag       to --interaction=batchmode

IIRC, there was a bug in MiKTeX 2.0 where MetaPost *lacked* the
interaction mode flag.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta