* two table questions
@ 1999-05-31 11:13 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-05-31 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding tables.  The first, it is possible
to typeset tables with the postscript fonts, ie \setupbodyfont[pos]?  When
I do this, TeX complains about missing symbol fonts:

! Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.
\!ttEndTable ->\egroup $
                        \egroup
\finishTABLE ...LEautorow \unskip \crcr \EndTable
                                                  \global \intablefalse  \egr...

\stoptabel ...\let \TABLEtail \empty \finishTABLE
                                                  \ifinsidefloat \else  \stop...
l.90 \stoptable

Second question: I'm trying to use \BC and \BL to to colour cells in a
table.  I'd like to have all cells in the first row in one colour, then
most cells in the other rows in white but with a few in a third colour, eg

\starttable[|c|c|c|]
\BL[3,c,blue]\SR
\HL
\VL A  \VL B      \VL C      \VL\SR
\HL
\BC    \BL[r,0.7] \BC        \FR
\VL A1 \VL B1     \VL B1     \VL\FR
\VL A2 \VL B2     \BL C2     \VL\MR
\BC    \BL[r,0.7] \BL[r,0.7] \LR
\VL A3 \VL B3     \BL B3     \VL\LR
\stoptable

This doesn't seem to work.  Is it not possible to have different row
colour lines or am I just doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: two table questions
@ 1999-05-31 14:26 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-05-31 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> ! Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.

This has something to do with your local font setup, maybe taco knows
the answer?

> Second question: I'm trying to use \BC and \BL to to colour cells in a
> table.  I'd like to have all cells in the first row in one colour, then
> most cells in the other rows in white but with a few in a third colour, eg

First a remark. Color support is not natural to tex. Although context
can do a rather decent job, sometimes color is tricky. In tables for
instance, I use a rather dirty trick: coloring rules that are stretched
by tex, skipping back and overlaying the text. The macros are hooked
into the table package (which is the only foreign piece of code in
context). When I find the time, I will rewrite the table package from
scratch, which will make things a bit more secure. Like always with
tables, anything interfering (noalign stuff) will break the mechanism
completely, especially because there is also automatic table breaking
across pages and error tracing (partially turned on by default) and
error recovery (as good as possible).

Concerning your problem, I cross my fingers that the next hack will not
break other things. Change this in core-tab.tex and remake the format
(or put this code in cont-new.tex, but don't forget to delete that file
when you update).

\def\TableBC%
  {\ifTABLEgrayline
     \normalTABLEquote
   \else
     \TABLEnoalign\bgroup
       \global\let\nextTABLEgrayline=\executeTABLEgrayline
\global\let\TABLEgrayline\empty
       \let\BL=\doTableBL
       \let\BC=\doTableBC
       \expandafter\doTableBC
   \fi}

\def\TableBL%
  {\TABLEnoalign\bgroup
     \global\let\nextTABLEgrayline=\executeTABLEgrayline
\global\let\TABLEgrayline\empty
     \let\BL=\doTableBL
     \let\CL=\doTableCL
     \let\RL=\doTableRL
     \let\BC=\doTableBC
     \doTableBL}

\def\TableCL%
  {\TABLEnoalign\bgroup
     \global\let\nextTABLEgrayline=\executeTABLEgrayline
\global\let\TABLEgrayline\empty
     \let\BL=\doTableBL
     \let\CL=\doTableCL
     \let\RL=\doTableRL
     \let\BC=\doTableBC
     \doTableCL}

\def\TableRL%
  {\TABLEnoalign\bgroup
     \global\let\nextTABLEgrayline=\executeTABLEgrayline
\global\let\TABLEgrayline\empty
     \let\BL=\doTableBL
     \let\CL=\doTableCL
     \let\RL=\doTableRL
     \let\BC=\doTableBC
     \doTableRL}

Here are your tables:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttable[|c|c|c|]
\HL
\VL A  \VL B      \VC[red] C  \VL\SR
\HL
\VL A1 \VL B1     \VC      B1 \VL\FR
\VL A3 \VL B3     \VC      B3 \VL\LR
\HL
\stoptable

\starttable[|c|c|c|]
\HL
\BL[c,red]            \BC             \SR
\VL A      \VL B      \VL C        \VL\SR
\HL
                                   \BR\FR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\FR
                                   \BR\MR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\MR
                                   \BR\LR
\VL A3     \VL B3     \VL B3       \VL\LR
\HL
\stoptable

\starttable[|c|c|c|]
\HL
\BL[c,red]            \BC             \SR
\VL A      \VL B      \VL C        \VL\SR
\HL
\BL[c,red]            \BC             \FR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\FR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\MR
\BL[c,red]            \BL[c,green]    \MR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\MR
\BL[c,red]            \BL[c,green]    \MR
\VL A1     \VL B1     \VL B1       \VL\MR
\BL[c,red]            \BL[c,green]    \LR
\VL A3     \VL B3     \VL B3       \VL\LR
\HL
\stoptable

Or something along these lines. It is btw not (yet) possible to color
neigbouring cells. Sorry.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: two table questions
@ 1999-06-01  8:53 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-01  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Matthew> Hi,

    Matthew> I have a couple of questions regarding tables.  The
    Matthew> first, it is possible to typeset tables with the
    Matthew> postscript fonts, ie \setupbodyfont[pos]?  When I do
    Matthew> this, TeX complains about missing symbol fonts:

    Matthew> ! Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.

Hm,

This definately should not happen. But you probably need

	 \setupbodyfont[ber,pos]

to get to the Berry file names. Assuming this will not fix things,
could you send me the log file please (off the list)?

Greetings, Taco